Chris Mortensen is a liar. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chris Mortensen is a liar.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby matmat » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:12 pm

moochman wrote: And I doubt they will ever get that back, back, back, back. Boohyah!

Speaking of idiots... i *hate* that guy... he's such a retard
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moonhead » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:35 pm

espn is a powerful, powerful force in the sports world. but they have grown too large for their britches. they think they weild more power than they do and therefore can get away with stupid things all the time. their coverage of college football makes it apparent. they still refuse to acknowledge that lsu won the national championship in '04. usc is/was the darling program and it was a sensational story to report that they were vying for their "third" championship in a row. they threw aside the bcs for sensationalistic journalism bs. i hate espn for many, many reasons. more than i care to list here, but what choices do i have? fox sports network? what a joke.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Re: Chris Mortensen is a liar.

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:44 am

Daddymike59 wrote:REPORT: LEINART WILL NOT START
ESPN's Chris Mortensen had reported Monday night that sources had
informed him that rookie QB MATT LEINART would replace veteran QB
KURT WARNER as the team's starting quarterback this coming Sunday.
However, ESPN is now reporting that Warner will start this week's
game.http://www.fantasyindex.com

Anyone else wanna fess up to getting screwed by this faux paux?

Mort didn't do anything wrong. Dennis Green did say that Leinart would start so Mort reported it. The next day Green changed his mind so Mort reported it. What's wrong with that? Sorry if you went right out and picked up Leinart but it's not Morts fault. It's Dennis Greens fault for changing his mind. And you can't blame him because he's just trying to win games for the AZ Cardinals, not your fantasy team.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:16 am

honestly that was more to blame on denny then mort, the INTENTIONS were to start leinart, had it not been for the fact they faced an ATL team who was blew out on national tv, and have abraham coming back where as their whole team will be pissed and on a mission he still would be the starter, so if you have leinart keep him, i just trade warner since i have brees starting and will wait for leinart to get the nod so im not stuck with a benched qb...

but leinart will put up good fantasy numbers, he has 2 great wr's, some of the best wr's might i add that a rookie qb has probably ever been thrown to, and edge who is the best pass blocking rb out there and takes alot of pressure off, id say he will handle himself very well and put up better numbers then warner because he will be less mistake prone..
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:58 pm

Crippler wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Even if Leinart starts his not worth all that much. Everyone seems to think hes the second coming of Big Ben. There are very few rookie QBs that play their first year and have success. His chance of sucess is even less if you consider how horrible his offensive line truly is.

And how many Rookie QBs have been as ready as Leinart? If anyone in the last few years can play pro ball as a QB right out of college its him. That was one of his major selling points in the draft, that he wouldnt have to make hardly any adjustments to his style to play in the pros (unlike Young, Cutler, etc)

Not to mention, how many rookie QBs have had weapons to throw to like Fitz and Boldin? And how many have a RB like Edge to back him up in the run game? None.

Yes Matt was in a pro style offense but so was Carson Palmer. Palmer wasnt ready to start his first year and only started a handful of games his second year. You are severally underestimating the transition from college to pro ball for QBs. Players are much faster, offenses are more complicated, and you are in a totally different environment. If he plays this year he is going to get crushed.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:05 pm

^^^

honestly man crushed is a HUGE overstatement...no one is saying he will make the pro bowl, or pass for 300 yds and 2 td's a week, what im saying is he can get you 200 yds and 1 TD without as many turnovers as warner gives you...

besides you cannot say a player will be crushed before he steps on the field, no one knows how well he will do, or how bad he will do, carson palmer is a bad example, and so is big ben, every player is each in a different situation...

Big Ben wasnt asked to throw the ball, just to manage the game, hand the ball off, and let the D win it...Leinart will be asked to use his arm much more meaning the chance for fantasy points will be greater, and carson did not have the weapons leinart does...he will struggle of course, but his weapons will force him to put up fantasy points....now if u want to compare fantasy points to a good season thats another thing, he could lose every game and still pass for an avg of 210 yds and 2 td's which im sure most people would be happy to have
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Previous

Return to Football Talk