Extreme Makeover (Fantasy Football Edition) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Extreme Makeover (Fantasy Football Edition)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Crippler » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:21 pm

Good lord, you were still able to add Colston? What kind of guys are you playing against?!?
Image

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1946
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:25 pm

i woulda kept jones over colsten and jennings, but besides that it looks good to me.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 2131
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago.

Postby Kilroy » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:35 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:i woulda kept jones over colsten and jennings, but besides that it looks good to me.


I had 3 WRs with Week 6 byes (Jennings, Harrison, Jones) so I wanted to grab Colston before someone else did. (The other owners aren't as active in FA yet as they should be, but they're getting better, and WR is probably the slimmest pickings of any position as we start 3)

I chose Jennings over Jones partially because it affords me the opportunity of potentially waiting until Monday Night to choose between Jennings and Stallworth for my WR3.
Image

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 13587
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Making My List and Checking It Twice...

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:42 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:i woulda kept jones over colsten and jennings, but besides that it looks good to me.


I had 3 WRs with Week 6 byes (Jennings, Harrison, Jones) so I wanted to grab Colston before someone else did. (The other owners aren't as active in FA yet as they should be, but they're getting better, and WR is probably the slimmest pickings of any position as we start 3)

I chose Jennings over Jones partially because it affords me the opportunity of potentially waiting until Monday Night to choose between Jennings and Stallworth for my WR3.


well considering theyre all newbish you should be able to pick jones back up if you ever feel the need.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 2131
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago.

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:11 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:
moochman wrote:You need to do more than let them know all your players are available, you need to strafe people with trade offers. You also need to target underperformers. Try and trade for either Moss, Randy preferably, and hope they start performing up to their talent levels.
Try and see if Jordan's owner is willing to part with him for Deuce and ? Maybe Caddy's owner as well. Lot's of work ahead of you dude. GL


I know Mooch. I think it's gonna be tough to get a trade done though. They're all first-timers, and they all know me, so any trade I propose will likely be viewed with suspicion. They will possibly be inclined to believe that because I have "more" experience playing FF that I'm trying to put one over on 'em. At this point I got nothin' to lose, so I'll give it a shot.

Thanks for the input. ;-D


Yep. You are going to have to deplete your bench and try and trade for as studly the player at each starting position and play the byes by ear. Hope for a hot week and opposing teams with holes during bye weeks and maybe you can get enough to bite. Your goal now is just make the playoffs, which is still doable.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16302
(Past Year: 82)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 18:25 hours
(and 34 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact