Bad Business? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bad Business?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bad Business?

Postby Freebird27 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:24 am

During our keeper auction a leaguemate who happens to be the commish won Maurice Drew (I put him up for bid got booted from the warroom)...I had Taylor so told him I wanted to deal for him and he said to grab Chad Jackson and we would swap. To make a short story long he has gotten cold feet and looks to be reneging on the deal......

The fact that I chose Jackson based on his agreeing to the deal basically consumated the deal IMO...am I off base here? Opionions appreciated. Thanks!
Freebird27
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:38 am

I don't know, its kind of sketchy. Did you guys actually agree on a deal? Why didn't he just take Jackson himself? It was an aution league right?
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Freebird27 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:43 am

Jackson had not been nominated yet....he told me to grab jackson (over the yahoo IM) and we would swap.
Freebird27
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:48 am

when did the auction happen?
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Freebird27 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:57 am

the auction was just before the season and we've pretty much been going around about it since
Freebird27
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

i dont know

Postby dilydaly » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:24 am

that was over 3 weeks ago , now he had a good game and ur asking for him now???? that should have been squashed a few hours after the draft in AUGUST....

even if he said about the sawp that u should have done it right away now that he had 100+ yards in week three u cant go asking for him now.. iot think its a lil to late bro IMO
dilydaly
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: i dont know

Postby Freebird27 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:56 am

dilydaly wrote:that was over 3 weeks ago , now he had a good game and ur asking for him now???? that should have been squashed a few hours after the draft in AUGUST....

even if he said about the sawp that u should have done it right away now that he had 100+ yards in week three u cant go asking for him now.. iot think its a lil to late bro IMO

I have mentioned it, like every week....have even proped it and he lets it expire.
Freebird27
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dream_017 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:56 am

I think you're SOL. This whould have been done as soon as the draft ended, if not done right at the time you selected Jackson. If you have gone 3 weeks into the season without him it is a little(make that a lot) late to try and get him now.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby G$ » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:17 am

You are SOL. You can not starting making a bunch of noise after he has a break out game 4 weeks later.
G$
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby FatFoot » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:29 am

You had an obligation to stir up a huge s-strorm over this as soon as he changed his mind on the deal, as to leave him 2 options: proceed on the deal, or re-do all the auctions after the MJD transaction. Your storm was apparently not of significant enough proportions, and now with the 1 blow up week, even if you are being honest (and I believe you are) it's going to LOOK like your motivation is based off of last week's performance.

I wouldn't play in a league with a commish that would do that. If it's no money, I'd probably leave the league. If it's money, it'd be my last season. But I know it would not have been possible to cool me off into week 1 with a roster that doesn't reflect a deal that was agreed on.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Return to Football Talk