Tiki !! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tiki !!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby LoPan » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:34 pm

Is it time to buy low then? I see a lot of people (even in this thread) starting to panic over tiki. I would think he could be had for a early season superstar like Westbrook, Rudi, or maybe even SJax. Any thoughts?
LoPan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:40 pm

um, the eaglews shut down tiki. 21 carries for 50 something yards.

I think tiki is quality, but with how porous their d is, with how listless they are starting games in general, tiki coul dvery well be taken out early. Plus, the schedule is brutal. Two games vs skins, boys, one left versus eagles (much improved rush d), atlanta, chicago, jacksonville, carolina.

There area few patsies (hou, tb, tennesse) mixed in, but the Giants bad secondary, bad starts, brutal schedule, and brandon jacobs make me think tiki isn't quite the first-round guy we all thought.

I'd hold him just in case, as he has overcome adversity and being underrated before, but expectations have to be tempered at this point.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:57 pm

Tiki had over 100 combined yards against the Eagles. It wasn't one of Tiki's best days but you can't really say he was shut down unless you measure him based solely on rushing yards. Also, since Tiki is so active in the Giants passing game it's hard to believe he'll ever be out of the game.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:19 pm

point taken. to be fair, it took him 28 touches to get those 106 yards. And he is always talented, but just my impression from watchin the game, he wasn't some majoryly huge factor. he didn;t break anything for longer than 10 yards, and he seemed bottled up to me. the team as a whole didn't have a lot of rushing first downs, and it seems the eagles stifled him. And when you take a look at the other defenses he is facing, there is some legitimate cause for concern.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thatonepoorkid » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:35 pm

No one belived me at the start of the season.

TIKI IS A BUST THIS YEAR!

i would do my best to trade him for some good value before his name is tarnished to much more.
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby FatFoot » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:43 pm

He hasn't been a bust yet. He's had one bad game.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby thatonepoorkid » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:48 pm

just over 200 yards rushing and 0 tds (i think those stats are right lol)

Now if this was Jamal Lewis Posting these numbers ok, but people where taking Tiki 4th overall in drafts this year. If he is not busting what is he doing? I understand he is having some succsess reciveing but still ... 0 tds ...

Big help he is in TD league scoring
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:38 pm

thatonepoorkid wrote:just over 200 yards rushing and 0 tds (i think those stats are right lol)

Now if this was Jamal Lewis Posting these numbers ok, but people where taking Tiki 4th overall in drafts this year. If he is not busting what is he doing? I understand he is having some succsess reciveing but still ... 0 tds ...

Big help he is in TD league scoring

On a related note, Charlie Frye leads the NFL in rushing TDs.. If Tiki can't beat out Frye, you know he is done!
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:41 pm

His value is pretty low right now trade wise. I think it's worth holding onto him, and seeing what he can do for the next couple of weeks before going on a fire sale.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby thatonepoorkid » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:36 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:His value is pretty low right now trade wise. I think it's worth holding onto him, and seeing what he can do for the next couple of weeks before going on a fire sale.

I agree but if you can get a good deal its time to dump him because i dont think he will be doing much at all
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk