DEA busts Terrence Kiel - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

DEA busts Terrence Kiel

Moderator: Football Moderators

DEA busts Terrence Kiel

Postby stomperrob » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:29 am

The DEA has charged San Diego starting strong safety Terrence Kiel with 2 charges of of transporting a controlled substance and 3 charges of possession for sale of a controlled substance. It apparently involves him shipping 18 pints of cough medicine containing codeine to Texas where it is apparently popular in the drug scene. See:
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib ... rgers.html
Last edited by stomperrob on Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:31 am

It seems odd that they would bust a guy for transporting cough syrup, but if that's what it's used for I can see why.

I would LOVE to hear an explanation from Kiel as to why he was shipping this stuff. :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby FatFoot » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:33 am

It's a controlled narcotic... it's not NyQuil.

I don't understand how anyone making even BOTTOM football money can do something this dumb. Maybe they kept Jamal's cell empty for him.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:43 pm

knapplc wrote:It seems odd that they would bust a guy for transporting cough syrup, but if that's what it's used for I can see why.

This is just a hunch but I have a good friend who is a new DEA recruit who also happens to be a huge Oakland fan... Maybe he's not the only one?
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby moonhead » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:59 pm

a rap group known as swisher house popularized this "lean". mike jones broke off from the group and became popluar too. i think they were based out of houston. all their music was extremely slowed down. trying to give the effect of being seriously sedated on cough syrup such as this. i don't understand how the dea can get information on something as petty and harmless as this but cannot bust people cooking meth or importing large amounts of heroin. seems ridiculous. i have theories. but they would be laughed at. anyway, what a waste of resources for an nfl player...buy some stock you dumbass. :-t
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby stomperrob » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:18 am

moonhead wrote:a rap group known as swisher house popularized this "lean". mike jones broke off from the group and became popluar too. i think they were based out of houston. all their music was extremely slowed down. trying to give the effect of being seriously sedated on cough syrup such as this. i don't understand how the dea can get information on something as petty and harmless as this but cannot bust people cooking meth or importing large amounts of heroin. seems ridiculous. i have theories. but they would be laughed at. anyway, what a waste of resources for an nfl player...buy some stock you dumbass. :-t

Does seem a little bizarre a starter in the NFL needs to supplement his income peddling cough syrup! :-?
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Return to Football Talk