Week 4 PBC: Patriots at Bengals - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 4 PBC: Patriots at Bengals

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mikemar » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:30 pm

TheDeepBomb wrote:I still think the Pats are overrated.

yeah you just think that!!!

I think Cinci is WAY overrated!
mikemar
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 33)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheDeepBomb » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:35 pm

I think they are overrated too, but seriously. Everyone rides the Pats like its a theme park coaster. Same thing with Madden and Favre. :-)
2009 Winner - 12 Man Yahoo PPR League "We will mock you" - MVP - Phillip Rivers
2009 Winner - 12 Man Yahoo PPR League "Do dirties" - MVP - Joe Flacco
2009 Runner-Up - 14 Man Yahoo PPR League "Posse 4 Life" - MVP - MJD
TheDeepBomb
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mikemar » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:16 pm

TheDeepBomb wrote:I think they are overrated too, but seriously. Everyone rides the Pats like its a theme park coaster. Same thing with Madden and Favre. :-)

Yeah but as long as Bruchi and Brady are in the game, they have a chance to beat anyone! Especially Brady
mikemar
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 33)

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:37 pm

TheDeepBomb wrote:I think they are overrated too, but seriously. Everyone rides the Pats like its a theme park coaster. Same thing with Madden and Favre. :-)

Then I guess the Bengals are way overrated. What happened to the two touchdowns? I thought this was going to be a blowout? I guess having one of the best QB's, one of the best coaches and one of the best running games isnt quite enough. Not to mention that they have a D that isnt too shabby and was MISSING two of its key cornerbacks and Palmer still couldnt beat them deep. I guess there werent as many deep bombs as you thought there would have been.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby black_hawk8888 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:59 am

RocketsDWM wrote:

Then I guess the Bengals are way overrated. What happened to the two touchdowns? I thought this was going to be a blowout? I guess having one of the best QB's, one of the best coaches and one of the best running games isnt quite enough. Not to mention that they have a D that isnt too shabby and was MISSING two of its key cornerbacks and Palmer still couldnt beat them deep. I guess there werent as many deep bombs as you thought there would have been.

You know it was just a few days ago that the Pats got spanked at home by an "overrated" team. My, how quickly we forget. Now the Bengals take a turn and us fans have to eat some crow just like you Pats fans did last week ;)

Pats showed up and played like their season depended on it. Bengals were flat after an emotional victory at Pittsburgh and don't underestimate the players we were missing such as Braham, Chris Henry (props to Marvin for sitting him), Dexter Jackson, etc. Even with all of this and Belicheck's genius playcalling, it was only 14-13 late in the 3rd quarter.

I guess what I'm saying is that neither team looks that great to me right now. Fortunately its early October and there is time to fix these issues ;-D
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby TheDeepBomb » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:33 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:Then I guess the Bengals are way overrated. What happened to the two touchdowns? I thought this was going to be a blowout? I guess having one of the best QB's, one of the best coaches and one of the best running games isnt quite enough. Not to mention that they have a D that isnt too shabby and was MISSING two of its key cornerbacks and Palmer still couldnt beat them deep. I guess there werent as many deep bombs as you thought there would have been.

Playing the matchups and history, and basic logic, the two touchdown factor is a pretty good bet, in fact if they played again later this year I'll put MONEY Cincinnatti wins by 14. Cincinnatti isn't all deep bombs, they're WCO like most other teams. Both divisions are tough and both teams are competitive, there's no disputing that. Everyone knows the Bengals run defense is pathetic, but no one would have guessed it was that bad.

Don't be so defensive about it, it's all in good fun. Someone grab a fire extinguisher before this fire gets out of control :-B
2009 Winner - 12 Man Yahoo PPR League "We will mock you" - MVP - Phillip Rivers
2009 Winner - 12 Man Yahoo PPR League "Do dirties" - MVP - Joe Flacco
2009 Runner-Up - 14 Man Yahoo PPR League "Posse 4 Life" - MVP - MJD
TheDeepBomb
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting