League Waiver System Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

League Waiver System Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

League Waiver System Question

Postby TMurph » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:53 pm

I recently started a competitive auction league with free agent acquisitions based on blind bidding through email each week. With $20 alloted for each team over their salary cap to bid on players.

In the event of a tie in bidding, the team with the worst record gets the player. Today, 2 teams bid the same amount for the same player. Both of the teams are 1-2, so my question is:

Do we go by least points scored, most points scored against, or just have the teams re-bid quickly before the weekend?

Thanks, Any help greatly appreciated.
TMurph
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dream_017 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:23 pm

The short answer, I would go with least points scored.

The longer answer, this is something that should have been decided prior to the season. A lot of waiver pick-ups are made the first few weeks of the season and the potential to have the same record increases. Other options are inverse of playoff rankings, the first team that submitted the tied bid.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Matthias » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:32 pm

If I was setting it up pre-season, I would go with fewest point scored since they should need the player the most.

In your situation and without another tiebreaker, I would have the two of them resubmit bids as well as a simultaneous backup bid in the case of another tie.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:38 pm

I think you should go with least points.
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk