Wesley Welker, Doug Gabriel, Sleepers? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Wesley Welker, Doug Gabriel, Sleepers?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ateam » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:04 pm

I drafted Welker, and traded him a couple weeks ago for Norwood as a Dunn owner, I picked up Gabriel when a silly owner dropped him 2 weeks ago.

I'm considering playing Gabriel as my 3rd WR ahead of the guy he replaced (Branch).

I'd like to see more proof on how he will be in NE, but I'm tempted...

I've always been in league's w/return yardage, and have owned Gabriel at one point or another for 3 yrs. now, as he used to have value as a KR in Oakland, in return league's Welker is top 20 WR, easily.
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:17 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:I don't know that Brady will have the luxury of spreading the ball around as much as he has in the past. The Pats' Offense has struggled this year (especially through the air) and I feel that's attributable to the lack of dependable targets Brady now has at his disposal. Givens and Branch are gone, Brown (although a great football player and one hell of a gamer) is getting up there, Jackson's been hurt, and Watson, for whatever reason, has been a non-factor. That leaves Gabriel.

If the Patriots are gonna get their offense on track they're going to need to get Gabriel more involved in the passing game. I think he's a big-time sleeper at this point, and I'd take him over Welker season-wise in a heartbeat.

My $.02

I wouldnt exactly call Watson a non-factor. He got way too hyped up by the end of pre-season, but the guy is on pace for 50+ receptions and 750+ yards. That's not far behind a guy like Alge Crumpler.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby beezer » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:12 pm

Gabriel is a fast, strong, big, receiver. His size and speed make him a nice target for Brady. He is still learning the Pats playbook, but is clearly their best receiver. In Oakland, he was behind Moss and Porter on the depth chart and split time with Ronald Curry as the #3. Oakland is a poorly run organization and will be kicking themselves when the Pats utilize Gabriel's skills the right way. I think he will be an excellent #3 fantasy wideout the rest of the way. I am currently trying to trade for him in my 14-team league.
14 team PPR

QB - Pryor
RB - L. Bell, Wilson, J. Bell, D. Brown
WR - AJ Green, D. Jackson, Amendola, M. Brown, DHB, Beasley, L. Moore
TE - H. Miller
K - Forbath
D - Chiefs, Bears
beezer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 119)

Postby beezer » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:14 pm

Gabriel is a fast, strong, big, receiver. His size and speed make him a nice target for Brady. He is still learning the Pats playbook, but is clearly their best receiver. In Oakland, he was behind Moss and Porter on the depth chart and split time with Ronald Curry as the #3. Oakland is a poorly run organization and will be kicking themselves when the Pats utilize Gabriel's skills the right way. I think he will be an excellent #3 fantasy wideout the rest of the way. I am currently trying to trade for him in my 14-team league.
14 team PPR

QB - Pryor
RB - L. Bell, Wilson, J. Bell, D. Brown
WR - AJ Green, D. Jackson, Amendola, M. Brown, DHB, Beasley, L. Moore
TE - H. Miller
K - Forbath
D - Chiefs, Bears
beezer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 119)

Postby Crystalstorm » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:50 pm

Gabriel is a fine #2,he's Brady's #1 WR.As the season goes on,he can be a #1 wr on some teams.
Crystalstorm
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk