Kevin Jones Bandwagon. Nice numbers on the way? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kevin Jones Bandwagon. Nice numbers on the way?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby kemper5 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:23 pm

iloveny18 wrote:I have KJ, I took him as my 3rd rb with the same type of hopes, but it just doesn't look good so far. I was thinking the mike martz-type system of passing would open things up for the run, but nothing has clicked yet. I'm keeping him as my backup, but i wouldn't trust him as my starting 2nd yet.

Are you in a PPR league? If so (like I am) he looks pretty dang good.. 5+ receptions and 40+ yards on average per game and thats just receiving.. In my league he is the # 12 ranked RB points wise.. Not too bad
kemper5
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mrblitz » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:29 pm

I hope your'e right. But I don't even have one leg on the bandwagon yet.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby kemper5 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:35 pm

mrblitz wrote:I hope your'e right. But I don't even have one leg on the bandwagon yet.

How about a fingernail on the bandwagon? A toe? Im in the wagon myself.. I may be committing fantasy suicide here but watch this young chap I tell ya.. He gonna be good this week, and I think will end the year with people saying .."Why in the world did I not pick this guy?"
kemper5
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:51 pm

I would much rather have Kevin Jones than Ronnie Brown or Carnell Williams right now. I guess that means I'm sitting shotgun in the bandwagon?
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Al and Almas » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:57 pm

could get an increased work load Sunday in St. Louis as the Lions attempt to get their running game on track

Says who? every coach says that they want to get their running game going whether they will or not is yet to be seen but he is nowhere near a top 5 or number 1 running back like some of you are saying
Al and Almas
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ampant » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:03 pm

I have said this before . . . but it should surprise nobody that he had a slow start. His first two games were against SEA . . . who has given up a whopping total of 5 rushing TDs in their last 19 regular season games.

Next was CHI . . . who has given up 10 in that same regular season span.

Both are near the top of the league in rushing yards allowed. Between the two teams, they have allowed fewer than .5tds/regular season game played since the beginning of last year.

Look what happened when KJ played a softer team. . . week 3 vs. GB he gets 125 all-purpose yards and a score. Hmmm. Wonder why that happened.

Anyways, i am hoping that the KJ bandwagon isn't driving down a dirt road, as he is my RB2 . . . behind Alexander :~( So I need him to put up some good numbers for me. I don't think I am being unrealistic in thinking it has a good shot of happening.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Kilroy » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:43 pm

KJ was the RB4 on one of my teams, but I just traded Chester for Caddy and Terry Glenn, so he's the #3 for now. (Hopin' Caddy can turn it around, and I needed another WR).

I'm actually considering starting KJ over S-Jax this week. The Rams D has been pretty kind to RBs this season, while the way to hurt the Lions is through the air.

If Martz gets KJ his touches (and there's been lip service from Motown that they want to get Jones "more involved") then he should post good numbers. But it's the Lions, so who knows?

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Azrael » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:59 pm

ampant wrote:
Next was CHI . . . who has given up 10 in that same regular season span.

And he has to play them championship week. Don't want that on my team.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:23 am

I know I lie a lot and say I watched players play pee-wee football, but I truly did see Kevin Jones play HS Football.

This adds nothing to the topic.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:16 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:I know I lie a lot and say I watched players play pee-wee football, but I truly did see Kevin Jones play HS Football.

This adds nothing to the topic.

Liar ;-7
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk