What does these backups bring to the table? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What does these backups bring to the table?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What does these backups bring to the table?

Postby roamingphantom » Tue Aug 27, 2002 10:09 am

My starters are...

RB
Priest Holmes
Ladainan Tomlinson

WR
David Boston
Torry Holt

Backups are

RB - Backup
Lamar Smith
ROn Dayne
Fred TAylor

WR- Backup
Steve Smith
Keenan McCardell
Mushin Muhammad

I am in a 10 team league where you start 1RB, 1Wr and 2Wr and/or RB as flex players in addition to 1 Qb, 1TE, 1K, 3 defence players. My qb's are Manning and Culpepper. Any advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks
roamingphantom
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby R8RH8R » Tue Aug 27, 2002 10:43 am

I like McCardell for your backup WR....as for your RB backup I'd still have to go with Fraud Taylor. There's obviously some problems that go along with him though. The Jags have no O-Line, the passing game is all but absent, and well.....you know all about Fraud's injury history. Ron "Great" Dayne could also be a decent backup in the RB department....lots of red-zone carries equal TD's. Hope this helps. ;-D
Go DEEP!!!!
R8RH8R
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 27, 2002 1:08 pm

i would drop Dayne or either smith for Mack, and maybe try to pick up a better receiver

Friendliness: %

Postby n_tremain23 » Tue Aug 27, 2002 5:42 pm

Your backup RB's look to be a VERY unreliable bunch.Smith could lose his job to DeShaun Foster very soon.Dayne will only get the ball in the redzone anymore.TD's are his only value,most likely he won't gain many yards at all.Taylor will start,but he is injury prone so i'd watch out for him too.You may want to check out the FA list.Your backup WR's look good,except for Smith.I'd look into the FA list and possibly find players to replace Steve Smith,Lamar Smith,and Ron Dayne.Any questions about who to pickup,just post who's available.
n_tremain23

Return to Football Talk