What a quarter for Auburn! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to College Football

What a quarter for Auburn!

Moderator: Football Moderators

What a quarter for Auburn!

Postby HskrPwr13 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:59 pm

Theres 1.5 minutes left in the 3rd. Looks like SC may not even get an offensive snap this quarter.

8.5 minute FG drive to start the qrtr. Recovered onside kick, and will now have a 4th and goal and the SC 1 to start the 4th.

0 SC offensive plays in the 3rd qrtr. Wow!

*They got TD.*
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3936
Joined: 8 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:50 pm

Heh, and the exact reverse in the 4th quarter. Does Auburn have a 1st down this quarter?
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

Postby moonhead » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:55 pm

sc gave them a run for their money, eh? if they hadn't turned it over twice in the redzone in the first half this might have been a different game.
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby HskrPwr13 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:51 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Heh, and the exact reverse in the 4th quarter. Does Auburn have a 1st down this quarter?


Ya, it was. Too bad SC couldnt finish. I guess if the other SC has a decent game the AU can stop with the no2 talk for a week. :-b
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3936
Joined: 8 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:03 am

I watched that whole game it was a great game. My favorite part was SC turning it over on the 5 then the DL for AUB fumbling back to them on the same play about 60 yards down the field.
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Postby ShoelessJoe » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:12 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:I watched that whole game it was a great game. My favorite part was SC turning it over on the 5 then the DL for AUB fumbling back to them on the same play about 60 yards down the field.


Whoever made that play for USC is a very smart player. Recognizing that player isn't comfortable with the ball and therefore going for the strip in that situation was a smart move.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach


Posts: 1621
Joined: 1 Oct 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gainesville, FL

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:30 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:I watched that whole game it was a great game. My favorite part was SC turning it over on the 5 then the DL for AUB fumbling back to them on the same play about 60 yards down the field.


Whoever made that play for USC is a very smart player. Recognizing that player isn't comfortable with the ball and therefore going for the strip in that situation was a smart move.


It was one of the WR, it wasn't rice or McKinnley. I think it was Boyd :-?
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:42 pm

Wow. I thought Auburn would have throttled a non ranked team. SC not only gave them a run for their money but almost tied it in the end.

How many spots should Auburn move down in the rankings after that performance. A top 10 team should have hammered them.
Cowboys 4 life
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9515
(Past Year: 79)
Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:25 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:Wow. I thought Auburn would have throttled a non ranked team. SC not only gave them a run for their money but almost tied it in the end.

How many spots should Auburn move down in the rankings after that performance. A top 10 team should have hammered them.


I could see them drop to about 4, but don't sleep on South Carolina. They started very slowly with QB issues but now that they've found one I think they're going to do some damage the second half of the year, and am quite worried about having to play them now whereas after week 1 or 2 it was looking like it was going to be a cakewalk.
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:31 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:Wow. I thought Auburn would have throttled a non ranked team. SC not only gave them a run for their money but almost tied it in the end.

How many spots should Auburn move down in the rankings after that performance. A top 10 team should have hammered them.


I could see them drop to about 4, but don't sleep on South Carolina. They started very slowly with QB issues but now that they've found one I think they're going to do some damage the second half of the year, and am quite worried about having to play them now whereas after week 1 or 2 it was looking like it was going to be a cakewalk.


I think with Newton at QB people didn;t know what to expect. Now with some Tape on him they will be able to stop him. The 2 games i worry about is LSU and @ AUB. I think we can beat LSU, but at Auburn it will be rough.
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Next

Return to College Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 18:17 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact