What a quarter for Auburn! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

What a quarter for Auburn!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ShoelessJoe » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:33 pm

After watching the Aub game and now just finished watching the USF/Rutgers game, I think this is gonna be one helluva weekend.

Most of the top 25 teams have true tests this week be it from a legit opponent or a road test. Rutgers almost lost to USF (fortunately though for Rutgers the officials were able to see that an onside kick only went 9 yards, not 10) and Auburn almost lost to USC. Look for multiple top ten teams to go down this weekend.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:46 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:Wow. I thought Auburn would have throttled a non ranked team. SC not only gave them a run for their money but almost tied it in the end.

How many spots should Auburn move down in the rankings after that performance. A top 10 team should have hammered them.

I could see them drop to about 4, but don't sleep on South Carolina. They started very slowly with QB issues but now that they've found one I think they're going to do some damage the second half of the year, and am quite worried about having to play them now whereas after week 1 or 2 it was looking like it was going to be a cakewalk.

I think with Newton at QB people didn;t know what to expect. Now with some Tape on him they will be able to stop him. The 2 games i worry about is LSU and @ AUB. I think we can beat LSU, but at Auburn it will be rough.

This seems to be the common sentiment around here, but I am much more worried about LSU than Auburn. Our weakness is clearly our secondary, particularly down the field. Strong-armed down the field passing games (and the mobility of Russell doesn't help) are our weakness, our D-line and our LBs are our strength on defense so we match up with Auburn quite well (who wants to run run run).
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:52 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:Wow. I thought Auburn would have throttled a non ranked team. SC not only gave them a run for their money but almost tied it in the end.

How many spots should Auburn move down in the rankings after that performance. A top 10 team should have hammered them.

I could see them drop to about 4, but don't sleep on South Carolina. They started very slowly with QB issues but now that they've found one I think they're going to do some damage the second half of the year, and am quite worried about having to play them now whereas after week 1 or 2 it was looking like it was going to be a cakewalk.

I think with Newton at QB people didn;t know what to expect. Now with some Tape on him they will be able to stop him. The 2 games i worry about is LSU and @ AUB. I think we can beat LSU, but at Auburn it will be rough.

This seems to be the common sentiment around here, but I am much more worried about LSU than Auburn. Our weakness is clearly our secondary, particularly down the field. Strong-armed down the field passing games (and the mobility of Russell doesn't help) are our weakness, our D-line and our LBs are our strength on defense so we match up with Auburn quite well (who wants to run run run).

I agree matchup wise we ,atchup worse aginst Auburn, but we get LSU at the swamp where Urban is undefeated and wants to stay that way. UNder Zook we didnt have that swagger at home, but it is back. Auburn is a very tough place to play and we have not had success there recently. I think our Secondary will pick up at home and shiut down LSU. I think it will be a very close game and we will need Hetkand to hit FG's :-o . Auburn @ Aubrun scares me more though. Like i said before though, if we only lose 1 game this season, we should be in the championship game i don't care who is undefeated.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:53 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:After watching the Aub game and now just finished watching the USF/Rutgers game, I think this is gonna be one helluva weekend.

Most of the top 25 teams have true tests this week be it from a legit opponent or a road test. Rutgers almost lost to USF (fortunately though for Rutgers the officials were able to see that an onside kick only went 9 yards, not 10) and Auburn almost lost to USC. Look for multiple top ten teams to go down this weekend.

Matt Grothe of USF looked very good, Rutgers running game is aweomse though.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to College Football