Top 10 RB's ?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top 10 RB's ??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Top 10 RB's ??

Postby tHe.pRoFessionaL » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:21 pm

If you guys wouldn't mind I would really like to see everyone's top ten in order from here on out, looking into trading and would like some of the cafe's expert's opinions....Thanks guys!!
tHe.pRoFessionaL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby tHe.pRoFessionaL » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:29 pm

Cmon guys don't just read it, post something.
tHe.pRoFessionaL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby sportsaddict » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:37 pm

1. LaDanian Tomlinson- Consistent, and his team is relying on him- hes going to be getting 30 plus touches a game, every game... lots of TDs and yards

2. Larry Johnson- He just hasnt put up the TDs yet, but they will come. I dont see a season as good as last year but I wouldnt worry about his production

3. Tiki Barber- Rough start but he'll get over it. Once the Giants start winning some games he wil lget his touches.

4 Rudi Johnson- He's got a really tough schedule but hes put up the numbers so far, and I see him putting them up for the rest of the year. Hes Mr. Consistent, and I wouldnt expect much less than 1400 and 12 tds.

5. Shaun Alexander- he drops because hes struggling with an injury that might nag at him. If healthy, hes number 3, but right now i think he drops here.

6. Clinton Portis- I think hes finally healthy and ready to roll. If he can get those goal line touches, he'll be elite

7. Steven Jackson- The yards are there, rushing and rec, and the tds will come. Dont worry about him, he will be fine

8. Brian Westbrook- I think hes going to be overvalued becuase of this hot start. Although a very good RB, hes an injury risk and this hot start wont continue. Look for very solid numbers from here on out, but he wont be the top fantasy scoring RB this year

9. Ronnie Brown- MIA has struggled, but once they get it going, he will be fine. The TDs will come, the yards will come, and a solid season is in store for him

10. Willie Parker- He sneaks in here because hes finally getting goal line touches and is doing something with them. He scored 2 tds last week, and is finalyl ready to be a great RB in the NFL

On the Bubble

Warrick Dunn
Chester Taylor
Edgerrin James
LaMont Jordan
Cadillac Williams
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Popcynical » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:37 pm

tHe.pRoFessionaL wrote:Cmon guys don't just read it, post something.

Give people more than 8 minutes...
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby tHe.pRoFessionaL » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:46 pm

Great post addict!!
tHe.pRoFessionaL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby edr4225 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:52 pm

1. LaDanian Tomlinson- Consistent, and his team is relying on him- hes going to be getting 30 plus touches a game, every game... lots of TDs and yards

2. Larry Johnson- He just hasnt put up the TDs yet, but they will come. I dont see a season as good as last year but I wouldnt worry about his production

3. Tiki Barber- Rough start but he'll get over it. Once the Giants start winning some games he wil lget his touches.

4 Rudi Johnson- He's got a really tough schedule but hes put up the numbers so far, and I see him putting them up for the rest of the year. Hes Mr. Consistent, and I wouldnt expect much less than 1400 and 12 tds.

5. Shaun Alexander- he drops because hes struggling with an injury that might nag at him. If healthy, hes number 3, but right now i think he drops here.

6. Clinton Portis- I think hes finally healthy and ready to roll. If he can get those goal line touches, he'll be elite

7. Steven Jackson- The yards are there, rushing and rec, and the tds will come. Dont worry about him, he will be fine

8. Brian Westbrook- I think hes going to be overvalued becuase of this hot start. Although a very good RB, hes an injury risk and this hot start wont continue. Look for very solid numbers from here on out, but he wont be the top fantasy scoring RB this year

9. Warrick Dunn- consistent runner who has very good gamebreaking ability.

10. Frank Gore- Workhorse in the making and will be a stud if he can stay healthy.

On the Bubble

Willie parker- cant handle goaline carries
Chester Taylor- will get better, but not top 10
Edgerrin James- was top 10 until he became a card
LaMont Jordan- is always overrated
Cadillac Williams- was stud in the making, but is always injured
edr4225
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jbones733 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:04 pm

1. LT - no brainer

2. Larry Johnson - still gotta have him at # 2 for now, but well behind LT at this point

3. Rudi Johnson - even in PPR leauges, STUD on a lethal offense

4. Clinton Portis - if was healthy might be #2 , shoulder is a concern wont see as many carries but still great

5. S Alexander - foot is scary, but hopefully a huge 2nd half is in store

6. Westbrook - this years Tiki Barber

7. T Bell - if he stays healthy, think Portis rookie year

8. Ronnie Brown - fish have to get there O together

9. Stephen Jackson - higher if TD's ever come

10. Edge - still productive back,

possible to sneak in top 10
W Parker - right on verge
F Gore - if fumble issues go away & stay healthy
L Maroney - if he becomes featured back
W Mcgahee - offense just not good enough
Lamont Jordan - see above

suprises not in top 10
T Barber - getting old, w a vulture around
W Dunn - just think hell settle in to previous years stats
SUPERBOWL , Who so start at Wide out ???? please help

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=382588

jbones733
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby shamus » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:34 am

This is why I don't ask for advice from this board!
Everyone here is so freaking fickle and and doesn't have any patience at all. I hate how people overreact.

Frank Gore not in the top 10 because of one bad week???

This guy has performed and is a stud!
shamus
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Kilroy » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:51 am

shamus wrote:This is why I don't ask for advice from this board!
Everyone here is so freaking fickle and and doesn't have any patience at all. I hate how people overreact.

Um, of the three lists posted one had Gore Top 10 and another had him close. If you don't like opinions that differ from yours, that's your problem, not theirs.

1.) LT2. Nuff Said.

2.) Portis. At 100% in that system he'll post monster numbers.

3.) Rudi. Rough Schedule or No, that Offense will keep teams honest, enabling Rudi to Produce.

4.)Westbrook. I can't ignore the hot start. His team is firing on ALL cylinders offensively right now.

5.)Tiki. If Coughlin has a brain in his head he'll get back to the bread-and-butter.

6.)LJ. With the uncertainty surrounding Green he drops, but I can't drop him any further than this.

7.)S-Jax. The yardage has been there, but the TDs have been lacking. Til' that changes...

8.)Dunn. Another guy long on yards but short on TDs.

9.)Parker. Has the TDs to go with the yardage, but I worry about his workload and performance against solid defenses.

10.)SA. I won't drop him out of the Top 10, but as an SA owner the Foot has me worried. It's got "Nagging" Injury written all over it.

My $.02

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby mattb47 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:54 am

shamus wrote:This is why I don't ask for advice from this board!

There can be good arguments made for either side on that. You could make the argument that people are too fickle for putting him in the top 10 after 2 games against horrendous defenses. And that he failed his first test against an actual good defense. He is also injured a bit currently and he has fumbled at the goal line twice now. There are arguments on both sides, don't act like Gore is some fantasy god now that couldn't possibly be outside the top 10.

And you also shouldn't generalize the whole board by a few posts from only a few members, it seems that someone else here is overreacting a bit.....

That being said, here is my top 10:

1. LaDanian Tomlinson - Clearly the #1 here, no one even comes close right now.

2. Larry Johnson - Hasn't produced the TDs yet, mainly because that KC offense isn't looking too great yet. Still too talented to have any lower than this.

3. Clinton Portis - Has looked good so far in his return from injury and already has 3 TDs on the season. So much for the concerns about TJ Duckett. With Al Saunders as the OC, that offense is just going to keep improving all season with Portis as the focal point.

4. Steven Jackson - Sure he hasn't scored a TD yet, but he has looked very good so far. I'd rather have a RB like him who is getting the yardage and playing well than getting poor yardage but a TD or 2. I think the TDs will start to come more and more as the Rams are also implementing a new offense this year.

5. Rudi Johnson - He's been good so far, but he simply has a brutal schedule coming up. With Chris Perry coming back soon, it could eat into his production just a bit.

6. Tiki Barber - He has struggled more because of the poor play of the Giants defense and the good play of the opposing offenses. They have just gotten down early and have been forced to pass a lot to stay in the game, leaving the running game out of it. Significantly lower caliber offenses on the dockett in the next few games after the bye.

7. Warrick Dunn - He has looked good so far this year. I think he is finally going to get a TD or two starting this week against the Cards. Same as with players like Jackson and Tiki, eventually the TDs will come with the solid yardage production.

8. Brian Westbrook - I'm not a huge fan of Westbrook and still don't think he'll last the season because he is extremely injury prone, but his numbers so far have been too good to ignore. Although playing Houston and SF in 2 of your first 3 games doesn't hurt much.

9. Willie Parker - I think his one bad game can be attributed significantly to just fantastic play by the Jacksonville defense and just a poor all around game for the PIT offense. He looked very good against Cincy, even grabbing a couple TDs which bodes well for future performances.

10. Edgerrin James - He has been solid so far in zona, 231 yds and 2 TDs rushing with 51 yds receiving, and with the poor play of the Cardinal QBs, I think you'll see an increased workload for him.

Didn't quite make it:
Shaun Alexander - Just couldn't put him ahead of these other guys with the injury. A healthy Alexander most certainly is on my list in the top 5.

Frank Gore - He looked good in his first 2 games against terrible run defenses, but didn't perform great in his first real test against Philly. It's tough to say if he's for real for this season, and is also struggling with a rib injury.

Ronnie Brown - The problem really isn't Brown, it's the horrendous play of Daunte Culpepper and the Miami O-Line. If something doesn't improve there, it will be a long year for Brown this year.

Willis McGahee - Extremely talented RB, but just doesn't have the supporting cast to put up consistent numbers in Buffalo. Tough guy to depend on even with a somewhat difficult matchup.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk