Top 10 RB's ?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Top 10 RB's ??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby slacker317 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:50 pm

OMG. I can't believe I forgot Dunn in there (and I own him in two of my leagues). As I said I wrote it a couple of days ago... and no I don't own Portis in any of my leagues.

It's certainly not a final top 25, that's for sure. I'm thinking McGahee will land somewhere around 15, but I'm not quite sure where. Without a TD yet, it's really hurting him.

Arizona still hasn't shown that their O-line is any better and that's hurt Edge's projections in my eyes, otherwise he'd be higher. Westbrook's projections is suggesting he stays healthy. I can't predict injury.

edit: Looking at it now, I'd probably move down Reggie Bush a little, stick Dunn in around 14-15.
slacker317
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 213
Joined: 3 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Twisted Sister » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:59 pm

mattb47 wrote:
Twisted Sister wrote:why does a bunch of people have Dunn in the top 10... he's has not impressed. I think Gore >> Dunn at this point.


I agree with Omaha. He's the 2nd leading rusher in the NFL so far and only behind by 1 yard. What do you mean he hasn't impressed?

Twisted Sister wrote:4) Gore - He's earned it. Could fall further if the TD vulture threat proves true


There is no way whatsover that he has "earned" the #4 spot in anyone's RB rankings. He's not even in my top 10, because his two good games came against the #18 and #23 rushing defenses in the NFL, and both teams are giving up at least 1 TD a game on average. But when he played his first defense that was even just a little bit better (#14), he struggled mightely with only 16 rushes for 52 yds (3.2 ypc) and 6 rec for 22 yds, 0 TDs, and 1 Fumble. Not the stat line of a top 4 RB. With his problems of holding onto the football, and the liklehood that he wont get goal line carries, I don't see how you can rank him this high.

Twisted Sister wrote:7a) Clinton Portis - too much rotation for my liking


7b) Steven Jackson - too few TDs for my liking


Too much rotation??? You mean the one game where Portis started, had 16 carries for 86 yds and 2 TDs, along with 2 rec for 78 yds and the Skins were killing the Texans so he didn't play as much? That's not rotation, that's what every single team in the NFL would do if they had a top back like Portis. He'll get more touches than that on a weekly basis, they just didn't need him last week to play any more.

And with Jackson, you can't judge a guy by how many TDs he gets in his first 3 games....he's been a good TD back in the past and as the offense starts to get their new offense working better, he'll get more opportunities and get some TDs. In his first 3 games last year, he had 236 total yds and 1 TD, this year in his first 3 games he has 385 yds and 0 TDs. He finished last season with 10 total TDs and almost 1400 total yds....he's looking to shatter those numbers this year. I think he has to be higher than 7.

And also, I don't see how you can leave Willie Parker both of your top 10 and your list of other "decent" RBs.

Not trying to pick on you Twisted, but these are just some of the thoughts I have on players that many others had on their lists as well. Just want to get my thoughts out there on some of these misconceptions and things about certain players.

You can't get too caught up in TDs this early in the season, especially for those who are on teams with new offenses being implemented, those things take time to really get going....and once they do, players like Portis and Jackson will really get rolling.


What's great about his board is that everyone has a different viewpoint. My top 10 is how I expect them to finish (PPR).

Those are the top 10 backs for my squad. If we all thought the same, how many suckers would have picked Jamal Lewis or Randy Moss as 3rd round "values plays" ;-)

The elite teams seperate themselves from the pack. Being aware of how the average manager values players is important for trading.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2822
Joined: 19 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:16 pm

slacker317 wrote:OMG. I can't believe I forgot Dunn in there (and I own him in two of my leagues). As I said I wrote it a couple of days ago... and no I don't own Portis in any of my leagues.

It's certainly not a final top 25, that's for sure. I'm thinking McGahee will land somewhere around 15, but I'm not quite sure where. Without a TD yet, it's really hurting him.



See that thought is exactly my point. You are regretting leaving Dunn out of your top ten. Who has no tds himself, and less yards than McGahee. And McGahee you think will land around 15. So why is that?
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 22027
Joined: 3 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Has Left The Premises.

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:35 pm

i don't usually like contributing to these types of posts, but what the hell. i wanted to make a comment about westbrook (to come), but figured I'll throw my list out there.

1) Tomlinson--all of the big three had issues going into this year, rivers, losing roaf/unproven over a full season, losing hutch. LT is the guy I want of those three

2)LJ--but i'm not married to this its real close with #3

3)Rudi--stud coming into his own, good team

4)Alexander--if the injury is not that bad, he should come around

5) Portis--he is a stud, and that team needs him, otherwise toast.

6)Westbrook--fact is, he is ridiculously explosive and talented. Injury concerns hold him back, but I think they are overblown to some degree. Easy schedule for a while, and some of the division games don't look as hard as they did at first blush

7/8) Steven Jackson/Gore. Pick em, Gore is a little hurt, but has been putting up good numbers

9)McGahee--the offense seems to be coming around, very talented

10)Tiki--That team is in a bit of trouble. they are getting themselves into huge holes, which will limit his carries. good thing he can catch

11)Dunn

As for Westbrook's injury prone tendencies. He is injury prone, I'm not arguing otherwise. That said, he had a broken leg, an injury that frankyl wasn't that serious in 2004--he would have played the Steelers game had it been in-conference. He sat out the last two games, not because of injury, but because the eagles ran so far ahead of everyone, there was no point in playing.

Last year, he got hurt, but it wasn't some huge huge deal, that season was lost.

This year, apparently from what I have heard, some of his problems were the result of a bad orthopedic device. He looks fine to me.

I wouldn't discount his tendencies, but I wouldn't let it be the only consideration, or even the major consideration. The Eagles do have a backloaded schedule. But, they have a ton of soft teams for the first half in terms of defense (Jax looks tough), and I don't really envision Dallas or Giants shutting him down at all, maybe the skins shut him down. The Eagles will drop some games to those teams, but westbrook will get touches and be productive. Its just such a mismatch when teams try and cover him with linebackers, if he gets the ball clean and with a bit of space, they can't do much about it. If he had no history with injuries, he would probably be top five year in, year out. The guy is on pace for 2,200 yards, and he has had a 1,000/1,000 pace before. I don't think its absurd that he couldn't at least get 1,600 this year with 10-12 td's.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2843
Joined: 3 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby slacker317 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:49 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
slacker317 wrote:OMG. I can't believe I forgot Dunn in there (and I own him in two of my leagues). As I said I wrote it a couple of days ago... and no I don't own Portis in any of my leagues.

It's certainly not a final top 25, that's for sure. I'm thinking McGahee will land somewhere around 15, but I'm not quite sure where. Without a TD yet, it's really hurting him.



See that thought is exactly my point. You are regretting leaving Dunn out of your top ten. Who has no tds himself, and less yards than McGahee. And McGahee you think will land around 15. So why is that?

I'm saying Dunn and McGahee's final ranking will be about even. Leaving Dunn out of the top 25 was a complete oversight, but that's what making posts during the night while on painkillers will do to you. Dunn won't finish top 10; I'm not regretting that.

It's easy to critique others' projected top 10s/25s, but how do you rank them? I'd like to see where you have them ranked?

Keep in mind, there is no science to things like this. There are still 14 weeks left in the football season and that's impossible to predict.
slacker317
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 213
Joined: 3 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby coNFLict » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:34 pm

No one mentioned Ahman Green. He was the steal of my draft. Top 10RB this season. In my league, #3 overall.
coNFLict
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 63
Joined: 2 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:17 am

slacker317 wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
slacker317 wrote:OMG. I can't believe I forgot Dunn in there (and I own him in two of my leagues). As I said I wrote it a couple of days ago... and no I don't own Portis in any of my leagues.

It's certainly not a final top 25, that's for sure. I'm thinking McGahee will land somewhere around 15, but I'm not quite sure where. Without a TD yet, it's really hurting him.



See that thought is exactly my point. You are regretting leaving Dunn out of your top ten. Who has no tds himself, and less yards than McGahee. And McGahee you think will land around 15. So why is that?

I'm saying Dunn and McGahee's final ranking will be about even. Leaving Dunn out of the top 25 was a complete oversight, but that's what making posts during the night while on painkillers will do to you. Dunn won't finish top 10; I'm not regretting that.

It's easy to critique others' projected top 10s/25s, but how do you rank them? I'd like to see where you have them ranked?

Keep in mind, there is no science to things like this. There are still 14 weeks left in the football season and that's impossible to predict.


I understand there's no science to this. I was not singling you out. More trying to find out why so many people are down on McGahee and in my opinion they shouldn't be. You say they will finish about even in your retraction, and Dunn won't finish top 10..so why regret not putting him in your top 10? Again, just looking for consistency. I don't care where people rank them.. But I do think Willis is much better than people credit him for. 2004, he had 13 tds right? He is more than capable of putting those kinds of numbers again.

Anyways, I've never critiqued anyone's rankings in particular. Only the omission of the guy that currently is leading the league in rushing. There are flaws in thinking of keeping him off the list but including others, such as Dunn, Steven Jackson, Tiki Barber, Tatum Bell, etc that have yet to find the endzone either. I won't mention Larry Johnson..But he's yet to score either.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 22027
Joined: 3 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Has Left The Premises.

Postby killiansjmd » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:15 am

LT2
LJ
Alexander
Barber
Jackson
Rudi
Portis
R.Brown
Dunn
Gore
Image
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7929
Joined: 3 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS

Postby slacker317 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:35 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
slacker317 wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
slacker317 wrote:OMG. I can't believe I forgot Dunn in there (and I own him in two of my leagues). As I said I wrote it a couple of days ago... and no I don't own Portis in any of my leagues.

It's certainly not a final top 25, that's for sure. I'm thinking McGahee will land somewhere around 15, but I'm not quite sure where. Without a TD yet, it's really hurting him.



See that thought is exactly my point. You are regretting leaving Dunn out of your top ten. Who has no tds himself, and less yards than McGahee. And McGahee you think will land around 15. So why is that?

I'm saying Dunn and McGahee's final ranking will be about even. Leaving Dunn out of the top 25 was a complete oversight, but that's what making posts during the night while on painkillers will do to you. Dunn won't finish top 10; I'm not regretting that.

It's easy to critique others' projected top 10s/25s, but how do you rank them? I'd like to see where you have them ranked?

Keep in mind, there is no science to things like this. There are still 14 weeks left in the football season and that's impossible to predict.


I understand there's no science to this. I was not singling you out. More trying to find out why so many people are down on McGahee and in my opinion they shouldn't be. You say they will finish about even in your retraction, and Dunn won't finish top 10..so why regret not putting him in your top 10? Again, just looking for consistency. I don't care where people rank them.. But I do think Willis is much better than people credit him for. 2004, he had 13 tds right? He is more than capable of putting those kinds of numbers again.

Anyways, I've never critiqued anyone's rankings in particular. Only the omission of the guy that currently is leading the league in rushing. There are flaws in thinking of keeping him off the list but including others, such as Dunn, Steven Jackson, Tiki Barber, Tatum Bell, etc that have yet to find the endzone either. I won't mention Larry Johnson..But he's yet to score either.

I understand what you're saying. I don't feel that I'm as down on McGahee this year as I was last year. He seems to be proving himself better this year better and I'm sure he'll find the endzone more and more as the season progresses and the offense improves. If anything, maybe he's underrated this year.
slacker317
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 213
Joined: 3 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby V-unit » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:05 am

1.LT-No doubt about it.

2.Rudi-THat offense is too potent for Defenses to stack the line so Rudi will be the New Edge.

3.Steven Jackson-Rember he is still young but i think he will get enough carries and tds.

4.Larry Johnson-Dude is still a stud its just a shame that his QB got hurt.He will put up his monster numbers real soon.

5.Tiki Barber-THe coach is what is holding back Tiki this year.If youve seen any Giants games this year you know Tiki still has that burst but he just not getting enough carries.

6.Clinton Poris-He is the Redskins Offense.

7.Willie Parker-He has the line and when Ben picks it up his numbers will become better.

8.Edge-He is still solid will gets hi carries and goaline touches but he has lost his burst to break the long one.If and when Lienhart starts for Az his touches will go up.

9.Brian Westbrook-He always starts of hot early in the season but seems to slow down when you really need him late in the season.

10.Shaun Alexander-We have no idea how his foot injury is going to effect his game for the rest of the year.

11.Ronnie Brown-He is young but he is the man in Miami.

12-Warrick Dunn-He has never really been a td RB but if its yards you like then he would be in the top 5.

13.T.Bell-Lets see what he does now that he is the #1 Rb in denver.Potintal top 5 rb.

14-F.Gore-We still dont know if he will lose goaline touches but he is a beast.

Those are my top RB up until now.
Starting Linup for 2007
QB:M.Schaub*,J.Cambell,J.Dellhomme(IR)
RB:L.Tomlinson*,Rudi Johnson*,E.Grahm,C.WIlliams(IR)
WR:S.Smith*,Roy Williams*,G.Jennings,N.Burleson
WR/TE:A.Gates*,D.Clark
K:S.M.Grokaswkie NE K*,S.Grahm
D:SD*,Tennesee
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1115
Joined: 20 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 13:21 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact