Oregon @ Arizona St. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Oregon @ Arizona St.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Oregon @ Arizona St.

Postby Metroid » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:11 am

This should be a good one Oregon comming off a bye always play tough should be fresh and sharp. ASU always plays the Ducks tough in Tempe and holds the series advantage 16-10. Oregon has'nt won in Tempe in 4 meetings. The Sun Devils have'nt allowed a rushing TD this season, but I think that will change with the Stewert/Jhonson/Dixon combo. Protecting the passer will be tough for Oregon even though they're 2nd in the nation in sacks allowed, Arizona is tied for the nations most sacks. 8-o

I like Oregon(of course) 38-27 ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby HskrPwr13 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:32 am

UO ought to slaughter these guys. ASU is not that good. If this is close, I'm gonna be all over the "UO is overrated" bandwagon especially considering the OU gift.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Metroid » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:45 am

HskrPwr13 wrote:UO ought to slaughter these guys. ASU is not that good. If this is close, I'm gonna be all over the "UO is overrated" bandwagon especially considering the OU gift.

I agree ASU is not that good but they always play Oregon tough. Oregon always seems to have a way of playing up or down to an opponent. I will also say the Ducks havent earned what their ranking reflects, they've only really beaten Stanford(they'll be lucky to win a game this year) and Fresno St. and Fresno gave them a run for their money. I'm hoping for a blow out but I just dont see it happening.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:43 am

Even if ASU always plays them tough I don't see it happening this time. ASU is a mess right now. Even if ASU does play them tough and keep it close, Oregon will pull it out because they're just too much better than ASU.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:00 am

I reall like Oregon in this game. I think they are going to come out and want to beat down ASU to show that the win against OSU wasn't just b/c of the refs. ASU is not as good of a team as people thought, Cal exposed a lot of the weaknesses last week. I am definetly taking them aginst the line this week, as they are only giving up 1.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:53 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:UO ought to slaughter these guys. ASU is not that good. If this is close, I'm gonna be all over the "UO is overrated" bandwagon especially considering the OU gift.

If that is what you feel you should bet on it. The spread is 1 whole point. Meaning vegas knows something you don't. Not trying to harp on you but AZ St is not a bad team. They are not great but are tough to play at home. Afterall they lead College football in sacks.

The huskers are a different story they are playing a nobody this week. Any team that loses to Toledo sucks plain and simple.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:31 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:

If that is what you feel you should bet on it. The spread is 1 whole point. Meaning vegas knows something you don't. Not trying to harp on you but AZ St is not a bad team. They are not great but are tough to play at home. Afterall they lead College football in sacks.

The huskers are a different story they are playing a nobody this week. Any team that loses to Toledo sucks plain and simple.

Isn't this the same Arizona State team that was tied with a Division 2 school in the 4th quarter earlier this year?

I'm usually all over the ASU bandwagon (I think I bet on them each of the first 8 weeks last year), but this year they've already struggled mightily with a D2 school and gotten blown out by a Cal team that's not very good itself.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:33 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:

Division 2 school in the 4th quarter earlier this year?

I'm usually all over the ASU bandwagon (I think I bet on them each of the first 8 weeks last year), but this year they've already struggled mightily with a D2 school and gotten blown out by a Cal team that's not very good itself.

;-D Exactly. Yea, maybe Vegas thinks they know what something. I am all over Oregon here as well. Oregon is coming off a bye week after having everyone question there win over OK.
ASU has looked god awful all year especially ;ast week. They went with the wrong QB, and have many holes.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:35 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:

My point is that if UO is truly the 11th (or wherever they're ranked) best team in the country according to the polls, they should be able to beat ASU with ease. ASU isnt a terrible team, but based on their performances so far, I wouldnt have them in the top30.

ASU is rarely a tough place to play. The only time the fans make it a tough place is when there's big reason for the bandwagoners to get behind the team (thats the nature of the sports fans in AZ). That isnt this year. The reason the line is what it is, is because of the line trends. If I remember correctly, ASU has covered like 7 out of their last 8 home games. "Vegas" doesnt know anything that I'm not aware of. (Dont mean that to sound cocky.) Basically the fact that the line is what is means that the bettors are basically split on who will win this game. Keep in mind that the lines give -3 right off the top to the home team. So at a neutral sight, UO is considered a 2 point fav.

In summary, I think what people are seeing is that UO barely escaped Fresno, and was given a gift against OU. So to some this is as much a 1-2 team as they are a 3-0 team. All I'm saying is that if they cant go on the road to a non-hostile enviorment, against an average team, and handle them with ease, then I believe that their ranking is fraudulant.

As far as NU is concerned, if you have something you want to say about that game, theres a Husker thread available. No need to hijack this one.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kilroy » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:03 am

ASU teams under Koetter generally come out flat after a loss. I think the Ducks are going to win handily.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to College Football