T.O. and the F.F. team owner's right to know - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

T.O. and the F.F. team owner's right to know

Moderator: Football Moderators

T.O. and the F.F. team owner's right to know

Postby Wesley Walker » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:34 am

So let's just assume T.O. did attempt suicide. How wonderful is it that the fantasy owners right to know what's going on with their roster players outweighed the medical confidentiality that sometimes stifles the free flow of information? Props to the press. Humanitarians are they, for having considered the feelings of the fantasy football folks out there, and for having sniffed out the real story like so many hound dogs.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:43 am

what?
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: T.O. and the F.F. team owner's right to know

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:47 am

Wesley Walker wrote:So let's just assume T.O. did attempt suicide. How wonderful is it that the fantasy owners right to know what's going on with their roster players outweighed the medical confidentiality that sometimes stifles the free flow of information? Props to the press. Humanitarians are they, for having considered the feelings of the fantasy football folks out there, and for having sniffed out the real story like so many hound dogs.

as big a turd I think TO is, the media trumps him 10 fold what a bunch of vultures.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:52 am

i dont see how this has anything to do with fantasy. this is the press, this is what they do, this is what we eat up. it's our fault before it's thiers.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tHe.pRoFessionaL » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:56 am

Wesley Walker wrote:So let's just assume T.O. did attempt suicide. How wonderful is it that the fantasy owners right to know what's going on with their roster players outweighed the medical confidentiality that sometimes stifles the free flow of information? Props to the press. Humanitarians are they, for having considered the feelings of the fantasy football folks out there, and for having sniffed out the real story like so many hound dogs.

umm what?
tHe.pRoFessionaL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby dream_017 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:00 am

Don't worry, TO loves himself too much to committ suicide
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby Bowie » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:04 am

What does this have to do with fantasy owners?
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Wesley Walker » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:37 am

Bowie wrote:

What does this have to do with fantasy owners?

Okay, so fantasy owners aren't directly implicated. Yet we do drive the news gathering done by NFL reporters. Not as much power as gambling does, likely, but still some.

The real villain here is the press, their "what bleeds, leads" attitude, and the people who buy the tabloids.

So if you can't express an opinion, or even have an opinion, when a guy's suspected suicide is made into national news, and where the 911 transcript is being published in fantasy news sources, I won't fault myself if people seem confused about where exactly my sarcastic post was going.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby FatFoot » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:39 am

I don't think it had anything to do with FF. I think the leak of information had to do with the fact that he's a media target. If it had ANYTHING to do with actual football-related nonsense, it would have to do with actual gambling, and not FF.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Bowie » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:46 am

It was a legitimate news story, and still is IMO. I hope they keep investigating.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk