Are you in an idiot league? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Are you in an idiot league?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby dilydaly » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:40 pm

ive only had the repeated brutal "lets make a trade guy" who never offered fair trade ex. p manning for coles and benson..

it sounds like nothing I know but after a few weeks of it every other day u wanna choke him out.....
War is delightful to those who have not experienced it.
-- Desiderius Erasmus
dilydaly
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ateam » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:42 pm

dilydaly wrote:
ateam wrote:another fun excercise along these lines is viewing some of the trades in yahoo.

For example 2 days ago, some bufoon traded Thomas Jones straight up for Lofa Tatupu. :-?

tell me your joking, thats would be the wildest one ive heard about if your not

If you are in a yahoo league, go to tools, then "latest trades" then type in a player in the search field, and you can see all the trades being done on them. I see today someone traded DMason for Ronde Barber----maybe he's hoping he can fool his league for his twin. :-D
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby onnestabe » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:52 pm

Wesley Walker wrote:But whenever I think I'm in an idiot league, I never win it.

That's because you keep dropping players like Shaun Alexander ;-7 :-b
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Steve-o » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:22 pm

Another example of idiot leagues also in SL.

Last week, during LDT's bye, 2% of owners dropped him. A small percent, but still absolutely crazy.
What do these years have in common?
1929, 1930, 1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967, and 1996.
Steve-o
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slacker317 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:39 pm

Steve-o wrote:Another example of idiot leagues also in SL.

Last week, during LDT's bye, 2% of owners dropped him. A small percent, but still absolutely crazy.

LMAO
slacker317
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby wreckincrew4U » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:50 am

Steve-o wrote:

LMAO

Unbelievable! As for my league, a bum owner has had Westbrook and Stallworth on his bench the last three weeks...and started RODDY WHITE AND TJ DUCKETT
wreckincrew4U
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FrankScott » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:49 am

wreckincrew4U wrote:
Steve-o wrote:

LMAO

Unbelievable! As for my league, a bum owner has had Westbrook and Stallworth on his bench the last three weeks...and started RODDY WHITE AND TJ DUCKETT

This stuff is great. This explains how guys on these forums can say they've won their league whatever # of times, or they've made the playoffs ever year--it's because they get in leagues with morons like this--what fun is that? I'd rather lose in a league filled with a bunch of football savvy guys than win against a bunch of patsies, but maybe that's just me.
FrankScott
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby wreckincrew4U » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:53 pm

FrankScott wrote:
wreckincrew4U wrote:
Steve-o wrote:

LMAO

This stuff is great. This explains how guys on these forums can say they've won their league whatever # of times, or they've made the playoffs ever year--it's because they get in leagues with morons like this--what fun is that? I'd rather lose in a league filled with a bunch of football savvy guys than win against a bunch of patsies, but maybe that's just me.

I absolutley agree. My league is composed of 14 good friends. Seven of these friends attended Gonzaga University while the other seven attended school at various institutions in Colorado. There is a lot of potential for some fun smack talk and many different awards throughout the season, but unfortunatley four owners in the league are total deadbeats and ruining it for the other ten guys who enjoy playing fantasy football. I can handle an owner who is not active in the trading environment, but I can't handle an owner who wont even spend 5 minutes MAXIMUM to field a full roster. For example, one of our best owners who has a great team just beat down a deadbeat owner 104-12. Yes thats correct 12 points scored, this is due to the fact there were four open roster slots two of which were RB positions. We are now enforcing monetary penalties on open roster positions, but I have the feeling these four guys have no idea that we are even pissed at them. I know this is fun and games, but how hard is it to read an e-mail (I send out a weekly e-mail containing open roster spots and even include my opinion on the top 3 WW RB's, QB's and WR's) and set a full lineup. The next strategy is to kick these guys out and give their teams to some people who want to play. If this situation continues I might be enlisting some Fantasy Cafe posters to take over some pretty good teams.
wreckincrew4U
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby skinsfan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:14 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:Alexander was never that good anyway. Fringe starter. With this injury, WW material.

Of course.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slowride » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:23 pm

He's down to 82% now so yall need to recheck. Actually the top 3 most dropped are Mason, Vinatieri, and Alexander. You could field quite a team off the WW in some leagues.
slowride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk