Are you in an idiot league? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Are you in an idiot league?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bulger2holt » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:33 pm

lamont jordan was dropped this week in a 12 team league before sunday. Impatience i guess
bulger2holt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dilydaly » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:48 pm

this is the top 8 add-on's on CBS they could only be added if they were dropped and this is really sad, do some ppl play with no bench and they are forced to drop injured players or what???

Coles, Laveranues WR NYJ 98 99 1
Jordan, LaMont RB OAK 97 + 98 1
Owens, Terrell WR DAL 96 + 97 1
Chargers, DST DST SD 93 + 94 1
Edwards, Braylon WR CLE 91 92 1
Cotchery, Jerricho WR NYJ 84 85 1
Carney, John K NO 83 84 1
Colston, Marques WR NO 82 83 1
War is delightful to those who have not experienced it.
-- Desiderius Erasmus
dilydaly
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby spodog » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:38 am

wreckincrew4U wrote:
FrankScott wrote:
wreckincrew4U wrote:
Steve-o wrote:
Another example of idiot leagues also in SL.

Last week, during LDT's bye, 2% of owners dropped him. A small percent, but still absolutely crazy.

LMAO

Unbelievable! As for my league, a bum owner has had Westbrook and Stallworth on his bench the last three weeks...and started RODDY WHITE AND TJ DUCKETT

This stuff is great. This explains how guys on these forums can say they've won their league whatever # of times, or they've made the playoffs ever year--it's because they get in leagues with morons like this--what fun is that? I'd rather lose in a league filled with a bunch of football savvy guys than win against a bunch of patsies, but maybe that's just me.

I absolutley agree. My league is composed of 14 good friends. Seven of these friends attended Gonzaga University while the other seven attended school at various institutions in Colorado. There is a lot of potential for some fun smack talk and many different awards throughout the season, but unfortunatley four owners in the league are total deadbeats and ruining it for the other ten guys who enjoy playing fantasy football. I can handle an owner who is not active in the trading environment, but I can't handle an owner who wont even spend 5 minutes MAXIMUM to field a full roster. For example, one of our best owners who has a great team just beat down a deadbeat owner 104-12. Yes thats correct 12 points scored, this is due to the fact there were four open roster slots two of which were RB positions. We are now enforcing monetary penalties on open roster positions, but I have the feeling these four guys have no idea that we are even pissed at them. I know this is fun and games, but how hard is it to read an e-mail (I send out a weekly e-mail containing open roster spots and even include my opinion on the top 3 WW RB's, QB's and WR's) and set a full lineup. The next strategy is to kick these guys out and give their teams to some people who want to play. If this situation continues I might be enlisting some Fantasy Cafe posters to take over some pretty good teams.

You need to put some incentives in place in your league if you want it to be a real league. If you have 4 guys who are totally inactive, what is this costing them?

In our league, every single week, our prize pool grows using the following method:

1) You win your game, you receive "weekly win payout" from the league funds. Our weekly award is set at roughly 3% of the annual entrance fee.

2) You lose your game, you pay a "loss fee". This fee is double the weekly win fee, or currently about 6% of the annual entrance fee.

So as for your clowns that start goofs each week and don't compete, after 10 weeks or so, assuming they go 0-10, they'd be into the league for another 60% above and beyond what they paid to enter in the first place.

You can play with the numbers, but the concept is a very effective way to mitigate coasters.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:41 am

spodog wrote:So as for your clowns that start goofs each week and don't compete, after 10 weeks or so, assuming they go 0-10, they'd be into the league for another 60% above and beyond what they paid to enter in the first place.

You can play with the numbers, but the concept is a very effective way to mitigate coasters.

Why would someone who is inactive bother to cough up the dough? It also penalizes those people that are doing all that they can and their team is still losing b/c their draft sucked or injuries hit them.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk