Post any insight on Jericho Cotchery here! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Post any insight on Jericho Cotchery here!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby killiansjmd » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:31 pm

Another TD catch for Cotchery in the first half. He has very good hands and is very good getting yards after the catch. Always run hard.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gang Green » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:49 pm

Cotchery will be an excellent #2 receiver for the Jets and a very good #3 receiver for fantasy. With Coles getting the majority of attention from defenses, Cotchery is tall, strong, runs great routes and has great hands. He also has a very accurate QB throwing him the ball. Cotchery doesn't have the speed of Coles but he is shifty and makes people miss. Also, the deep ball is not really in the Jets gameplan and the Jets are struggling in the running game. Cotchery should catch a slew of short to medium range passes from Pennington. In a PPR league, he's gold.
Leon Washington A.K.A. Little Dunn
Gang Green
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby checkers » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:18 pm

If Coles misses time with injury look for Cotchery to shine.... ;-D
checkers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RedTerrors » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:50 pm

I watched Cotchery all 4 years at NC State. Just too clarify, he didn't break ALL of Torry's records, some, like total receptions iirc.

He did have Phil Rivers throwing him the ball as well, which can't hurt. But to J-Co's credit, he was never known to run the fastest 40....but he has game speed. He's a legitimate deep thread and has velcro for hands. Solid, solid receiver.

Yeah, I'm biased, I'm a die-hard NC State fan, I went to school with J-Co. I'm proud of him. He's a great guy and I hope he has a long successful NFL career.
RedTerrors
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby wreckincrew4U » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:02 pm

matmat wrote:he likes italian food and slow, long walks on the beach...

on a more serious note, my gut feeling for this year is that his performance will greatly depend on whether coles performs like a stud or not... JC will have a very nice year if defences are forced to key on LC. (that and if the jets get a semblance of a dencet running game going, which i think they will).

LMAO, and good info. Concerning Cotchery, I picked him up off waivers right after draft day (passed on colston :-P ) But when Vernon Davis went down I had a bonafide problem. What did I do, traded Cotchery straight up for LJ Smith. I felt this was a good deal for me due to a strong receiver corps (Chambers, Driver, J. Walker Berrian) and the fact the TE position scored 0 points in Wk 2&3. However, if Coles plays well Cotchery could be a very good FF option due to the amount of single coverage he will see, but I felt his high value worked better for me to improve my team as a whole.
wreckincrew4U
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:56 pm

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:However, I can't help but feel like the presence of justin mccareins, who is pretty much awful, will hinder his progress.

Why will McCareins hinder him? (I agree that McCareins hasn't panned out, but I'm not sure how that will effect Cotchery negatively.)
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby RBhova82 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:23 pm

Would you guys drop joey galloway for cotchery now that Simms is hurt.
RBhova82
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Smizzy » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:55 am

Smizzy wrote:He is the #2 WR. Mccareins is #3,officially.

He has a nose for the ball and tremendous hands. HE will go over the middle and make the tough catches. I see no reason why he can't be a 50-750-5Td guy

After 13 weeks

60- 765 -5Td

;-D
Smizzy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby skinsfan » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:47 pm

Smizzy wrote:
Smizzy wrote:He is the #2 WR. Mccareins is #3,officially.

He has a nose for the ball and tremendous hands. HE will go over the middle and make the tough catches. I see no reason why he can't be a 50-750-5Td guy

After 13 weeks

60- 765 -5Td

;-D

He'll most likely finish 80 rec, 1000yd, and 7TD or so, given his pace. But if you'd predicted these stats through Week 13, you'd be right.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:00 pm

Cotchery has had a good breakout season. He continues to shine whenever the opposing teams lock down Chad's favorite target Coles.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk