Had to face the facts about Reggie Bush in NO... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Had to face the facts about Reggie Bush in NO...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Had to face the facts about Reggie Bush in NO...

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:45 pm

It was hard for me to trade him off, hell i used a 2nd rd pick on him which made it worse, and i want to believe he's going to be great down the stretch because he will have the freshest legs and is still a threat to score every time he touches the ball...

but the fact still remains....

Deuce is still the man in New Orleans, was before the injury, and still is now....I think alot of people(including myself) tended to overlook how great of a back he can be when healthy and he is 100% this year, still the workhorse and looks slimmer and more explosive...I know Bush will get his carries, and obviously alot more receptions but he will not be the man in the backfield in NO until deuce is gone, and bush makes him that much better.....

Its alot of situations with backs like Deangelo, Maroney, where they are working into more carries and looks, to eventually take over, but i dont see that happening with bush...he will do what he has been doing, be a decoy, line up as a WR, and spell deuce to look for that big play...

But I just felt i should put that out there in case there were any other people who admittantly had a fantasy "man-crush" on bush as a viable starter any week with his game breaking ability, my advice would be to sell high like I did because I dont see him putting up brian westbrook type numbers THIS year, not ever, but with what payton likes to do, it just wont be that type of year for him...
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby XHendrix » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:43 pm

hmmm
I'm still thinking buy low. Probably would be a good time to do so. Teams dont draft second overall running backs as distractions. his role will change soon enough.
XHendrix
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Had to face the facts about Reggie Bush in NO...

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:39 pm

LS2throwed wrote:and he is 100% this year

Have you actually watched a Saints game this year or just looked at the statlines? While the statlines have been solid, he looks NOTHING like the Deuce of old and rarely gets any YAC, he is far from 100%.

And since when does being "the man" mean you have the same number of touches as the other guy? Both Deuce and Bush have split touches almost right down the middle this year, and it's not even like one has gotten all the touches down inside the 5 as Bush has gotten a few shots there as well.

I can understand someone getting impatient and trading off Bush, but the analysis here seems to be closer to the opposite than the truth.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Dadd » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:39 pm

Bush is starting for quite a few guys.

He averaging over 100 combined yards. And in PPR leagues he's a must start. And he's a threat to score in the receiving game, and he IS getting rushing attempts.

Its only week 4, he's still learning the ropes.

I know I wasn't expecting him to start over Deuce, take him for what he is: a borderline #2-#3 RB. With the potential to be better.
Dadd
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dilydaly » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:49 pm

duece is the man in NO? he has 58 total carries including passes while bush has 53 total... and week 2 he barley played having 9 total attempts

seems he's getting the ball good amount when u compare to a ronnie brown who has 67 total carries including passes and weatbrook has 59 total.

you also mentioned Maroney and D Williams are getting worked into more carries Maroney has 49 total carries and Williams has 23. So right out the gates bush has been more active in the offence and they will create more and more plays for him.

it seems like your saying a talent like bush wont score? is that possible hes amazing and thats all he is missing in his first 3 weeks as an NFL player.

Not only will he score he will have multible score games this year as a rb and wr...

my opinion is you think to much, lol you should have let him play a few more weeks. you sold him cheap sold him when her's down. we are talking about the number 2 pick in the country! i think you should have given him more time if he has a 111 yards in total offence and a touchdown this week you could have sold him much much higher I know he can do that any and every sunday.

So you didnt say what did you get for him,
War is delightful to those who have not experienced it.
-- Desiderius Erasmus
dilydaly
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ampant » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:42 pm

I think I agree with the majority here. I certainly wouldn't have used a 2nd round pick on him, but if I had, I DEFINITELY wouldn't be trading him off just yet.

Yes, Deuce is still getting carries, but it's not like Bush isn't. Also, keep in mind that it's a looong season. A lot of injuries can happen between now and then. Any injuries are more likely to happen to Deuce and his knees, than to Bush. If Deuce does go down, Bush could carry you through the playoffs getting all the carries.

I wouldn't trade him unless I were getting good value for him, or at least another youn player that is putting up similar numbers with comparable upside (and I can't think of many).
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:00 pm

if he would have scored on one of the two goaline carries he had vs atlanta this thread probably wouldnt exsist.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dilydaly » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:08 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:if he would have scored on one of the two goaline carries he had vs atlanta this thread probably wouldnt exsist.

100% agreed,
War is delightful to those who have not experienced it.
-- Desiderius Erasmus
dilydaly
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby maddog60 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:03 pm

right now, I'd see if the Bush owner felt that way, and buy low if its a dynasty or keeper. I'd try the same on D. Williams. But Bush is doing well, not end all be all well, but good enough there's no way you can't give him some more time.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby pangbones » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:58 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:if he would have scored on one of the two goaline carries he had vs atlanta this thread probably wouldnt exsist.

Yeah, and I'd be 3-0 too!! !+)
pangbones
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk