Had to face the facts about Reggie Bush in NO... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Had to face the facts about Reggie Bush in NO...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Vixtor » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:04 am

Buy low without hesitation. The touchdowns will come in due time. He is on pace for more than 100 receptions. It's not like Deuce is playing instead of Bush. When Deuce is on the field Bush is usually there as well as a reciever. I'm not saying he will score 15 touchdowns and get 2000 yards from scrimmage but if you don't think his numbers will be a lot better than Deuce at the end of the season you are nuts.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:53 am

Some of you guys need to relax a little, I never said bush was worthless and if you have him you should trade him now, only reason i parted ways was because I got frank gore which was more then worth it....

Also my point was that with deuce in the offense he will not put up westbrook type of numbers this year, it just wont happen...yes the td's will come, so will an increase in yardage, but my statement "deuce is still the man" meant he still gets the bulk of the carries, and he's still a great back reggie bush or not, all im saying is he tends to be overshadowed because of bush, and alot of times payton likes to pound it with deuce and have bush flanked out or in motion to move out some of the lb's....

Im not trying to dispute what was a good rd to take him, and i never said 2nd rd wasnt early, i admit it was, but it was a risk/reward type thing, sometimes you take those chances, but it wasnt a horrible pick either seeing as how SA and LJ were top 3 picks but arent producing at all...

What I am saying is Bush owners should not expect this man to turn water into wine, he will not rush for 130 yds, catch for 60 and score 2 td's....at least not this very first year, he is going to be consistent for you, but he was on my bench, and to trade him for a frank gore was smart in my eyes who i can start...i wouldnt start bush over s jax or tatum bell, bush just wont outproduce workhorses or primary backs, and deuce still takes a hit to his rushing total as well as touches....but you guys are jumping to conclusions, NEVER did i say he was worthless or should be traded so relax....

and either way, its still just my opinion, just like it was my opinion that alex smith is strong enough to be an every week start in deep leagues and i was harrassed and told id never see the playoffs if i started him over warner regardless of matchups...and well ya, smith played great vs a great eagles D and warner looked like a rookie vs the rams so thats out the window...no one can forsee the future and paint a perfect picture, but my thinking was id rather trade him to an owner who likes the flash and big play ability, but ill take my every down back, or consistent scoring threat week in and week out...
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:24 am

I don't think anyone is really arguing that LS2throwed, just other things like "Deuce is the man in N.O." and "Deuce is 100% healthy" which both couldn't be further from the truth, and also that he doesn't have to up up 190/2 to have value. If he increases his numbers just a little and finds the endzone a few times like you mentioned then he will be a solid #2 with the potential for much more if anything should happen to Deuce.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:14 pm

looks like everyone under estimated deuce but me, all you guys saying he isnt healthy and doesnt get any YPC lol, once again, bush is used sparingly to stretch the defense, he isnt a viable option week to week while deuce is and still the man in NO....they were a different team when he went down vs philly, and he hits the hole alot harder, they make a great 1-2 punch probably as good as it gets, but still deuce's show until stated otherwise
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby EagleFan68 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:09 am

XHendrix wrote:hmmm
I'm still thinking buy low. Probably would be a good time to do so. Teams dont draft second overall running backs as distractions. his role will change soon enough.

I agree, he seems to be getting on the field more and more each game and his touches will increase, especially as a receiver.

I traded Thomas Jones for him last week because we play in a pt per reception league and Bush is close to a top 10 RB.

He is #13 ahead of such RBs as Rudi, Foster, C Taylor, F Taylor, McGahee, Dunn, J Jones, T Jones, A Green.
[b]QB's [/b] E. MANNING / KITNA / CUTLER
[b]RBs[/b] R BROWN / WESTBROOK (R BUSH / MCGAHEE / L BETTS / D WILLIAMS )
[b]WRs[/b] ROY WILLIAMS / T OWENS / A JOHNSON / BERRIAN
[b]TE[/b] WITTEN / WATSON
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby EagleFan68 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:14 am

LS2throwed wrote:looks like everyone under estimated deuce but me, all you guys saying he isnt healthy and doesnt get any YPC lol, once again, bush is used sparingly to stretch the defense, he isnt a viable option week to week while deuce is and still the man in NO...

Hmmmm/
Really Now ?

Touches
Deuce
91 carries 444 yds 13 catches 89 yds 104 touches

Bush
64 carries 189 yds 39 catches 291 yds 103 touches not to mention punt returns

I'd pretty much say that's 50/50, not "sparingly"
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Had to face the facts about Reggie Bush in NO...

Postby danleroi22 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:15 am

Free Bagel wrote:Have you actually watched a Saints game this year or just looked at the statlines? While the statlines have been solid, he looks NOTHING like the Deuce of old and rarely gets any YAC, he is far from 100%.

You're not watchin the same Deuce I am.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:50 am

EagleFan68 wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:looks like everyone under estimated deuce but me, all you guys saying he isnt healthy and doesnt get any YPC lol, once again, bush is used sparingly to stretch the defense, he isnt a viable option week to week while deuce is and still the man in NO...

Hmmmm/
Really Now ?

Touches
Deuce

Bush

unless u get points for touches thats a pretty useless stat...bush needs to average more ypc, last game he was about 2.0, and more consistent finding the endzone....either way, deuce is still THE rb in NO and they know that, unless u get points for return yards in your league or PPR those 2 arent even close
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby EagleFan68 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:56 pm

LS2throwed wrote:
EagleFan68 wrote:

Hmmmm/
Really Now ?

Touches
Deuce

Bush

unless u get points for touches thats a pretty useless stat...bush needs to average more ypc, last game he was about 2.0, and more consistent finding the endzone....either way, deuce is still THE rb in NO and they know that, unless u get points for return yards in your league or PPR those 2 arent even close

Usueless stat?
You just made a fool of yourself by contradiciting your own statement.

YOU were the one that said Bush is only being used sparingly to stretch the defense.

Well, if he only has one less touch than McCallister, I guess that means Deuce is ALSO being used sparingly.

Right?

And I don't get points for touches, but I do for receptions and Punt/Kick return TDs if he is in my starting line up.
Also 1 pt per 10 yards receiving & rushing.
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:35 pm

once again, since your reading so much into my post, how bout read ALL of it...i said if your in a PPR league, or get return yardage he's valuable, if both of those are cut out then NO, he doesnt find the end zone, and id be surprised if he scored more then 4 times this year...his receiving and rushing yards arent what a starters would be, ypc stays around 2.0 because he cuts everything to the outside as fast as he can....my point of the thread was that deuce is still the focal point of the offense, he makes them click, just as much as bush makes him good deuce makes bush better to soften up the defense, he pounds the hard yards up the middle and has a way better ypc, this was his team before the injury and he has came back slimmer, faster, and just as explosive while 100% healthy...

purpose wasnt to say if you have bush trade him off or he's a bust, but to recognize the other RB who is what makes them click and not going anywhere....if you dont think so, guess you didnt see how the offense looked when deuce went out a qt with a hammy injury and it was bush and stecker
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Football Talk