Tell us how crappy your commish is - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tell us how crappy your commish is

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tell us how crappy your commish is

Postby drinklime » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:14 pm

We let the guy that won the league last year be commish this year, and what an awful mistake it was. He didnt do anything to prepare for the season. He picked someone's house for the draft without asking them, and the guy wasnt gonna be there that day (thankfully we got it sorted out the NIGHT BEFORE). Someone else had to set up the league and all the options for him, and he made other people do things like getting a draft board (it ended up as posterboard and a sharpie). He smokes weed, he can barely spell or speak proper English, and he tried to force everyone to let him hold the prize money. When there is a dispute, he jumps to conclusions, confuses the facts, and makes really bizarre analogies. He doesnt even know that he is the one that has to veto trades, because he thinks the ESPN committee will, even though there is none because we are in a custom league. It's really frustrating and it makes me not want to play anymore.

So how are your commissioners?
drinklime
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Tell us how crappy your commish is

Postby matmat » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:16 pm

drinklime wrote:We let the guy that won the league last year be commish this year, and what an awful mistake it was. He didnt do anything to prepare for the season. He picked someone's house for the draft without asking them, and the guy wasnt gonna be there that day (thankfully we got it sorted out the NIGHT BEFORE). Someone else had to set up the league and all the options for him, and he made other people do things like getting a draft board (it ended up as posterboard and a sharpie). He smokes weed, he can barely spell or speak proper English, and he tried to force everyone to let him hold the prize money. When there is a dispute, he jumps to conclusions, confuses the facts, and makes really bizarre analogies. He doesnt even know that he is the one that has to veto trades, because he thinks the ESPN committee will, even though there is none because we are in a custom league. It's really frustrating and it makes me not want to play anymore.

So how are your commissioners?

we don't have one. it's a communist league ;-D
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SniperShot » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:21 pm

In my money league the commish is a good friend. We are all awesome and get along great.

In my other 4 leagues the commish is fine. I've never had any commish problems in my 4 years of fantasy football.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby slacker317 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:29 pm

Never had a problem with my commish.

Except there was this one time two years ago before I started the league where he had Steve Smith and one guy had made a trade offer earlier in the day for Smith. It was the game where Steve Smith got injured for the rest of the year. They were both watching the game from the bar, and before they left, the guy that proposed the trade said "well, I guess I won't be offering that trade anymore". But the commish got home first and ACCEPTED THE TRADE ANYWAY.

After raising hell for the week, he finally overturned the trade and he never did anything like that again.

Luckily, we have a rule in place where we can overrule via 3/4 majority vote, just in case he gets another smart idea again.
slacker317
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mothaudio » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:45 pm

I'm the commish in two of the three leagues I'm in. I cashed the points money in one last year and won it all in '04. Unlike your dude I do everything. I arranged where our draft is held. I paid for a nice trophy cup and engrave the league winner's name each year. I order and pay for the draft board each year, and while everyone else can chill, drinking and eating during the draft I peel off the stickers and put them on the board. I collect the money before the draft and hold it, then pay out after the championship game. I did change the veto vote from commish to league last year. Months before our draft I ask people to solicit me any changes they'd like to adopt. I pretty much do it all and like it that way because there is no one else I'd trust.
mothaudio
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Matthias » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:08 am

I'm the commish and I'm awesome.

But seriously, I do set up the league. Try to collect all the $$. Enter all the results from fantasyauctioneer (which, btw, I really can't say enough good about) and deal with any disputes that arise in season. I had to keep changing the draft day due to conflicts but I think that's the case of almost every fantasy league I've been in.

Never had any complaints, anyhow.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tell us how crappy your commish is

Postby mysticphysh » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:40 am

drinklime wrote: It's really frustrating and it makes me not want to play anymore.

Naw, don't do that! I say just revolt. I'm guessing you know everyone in your league. Call them all together, have a blind vote for a new commish...that is if you're not the only one with problems with your commish. Elect somebody who you know can handle it. Your current commish can except it and move on, or he can whine like a baby, smoke some weed and then except it and move on. ;-D Electing a new commish mid-season isn't unheard of. It's better than letting your league go down the toliet.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby drinklime » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:57 am

Believe me I tried that and the response I got was "that would just make him mad... i dont want to"

My league is filled with cowards
drinklime
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mothaudio » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:58 am

I agree. If I were voted out big deal. More incentive to kick a$$.
mothaudio
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby mysticphysh » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:30 am

drinklime wrote:Believe me I tried that and the response I got was "that would just make him mad... i dont want to"

My league is filled with cowards

Nice Zeier sig, btw. I don't think anybody outside of Georgia knows who he is.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk