Tell us how crappy your commish is - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tell us how crappy your commish is

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kellys Heroes » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:02 am

slacker317 wrote:Never had a problem with my commish.

Except there was this one time two years ago before I started the league where he had Steve Smith and one guy had made a trade offer earlier in the day for Smith. It was the game where Steve Smith got injured for the rest of the year. They were both watching the game from the bar, and before they left, the guy that proposed the trade said "well, I guess I won't be offering that trade anymore". But the commish got home first and ACCEPTED THE TRADE ANYWAY.

After raising hell for the week, he finally overturned the trade and he never did anything like that again.

Luckily, we have a rule in place where we can overrule via 3/4 majority vote, just in case he gets another smart idea again.

That just being smart... I always cancel all trade offers before the games start.. i wouldn't get mad at the guy who accepted; but the guy how was stupid enough to leave the offer on the table and not be around in case something like that happens.. I would told all of you to go to hell.. Opp knocked and I answered the door.
Kellys Heroes
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby drinklime » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:28 pm

mysticphysh wrote:Nice Zeier sig, btw. I don't think anybody outside of Georgia knows who he is.

Hehe... I only made it cause everyone was getting so angry at my Rae Carruth sig. Zeier took over after Dilfer was benched in the '99 season and did even worse which to me is a worse crime than anything Rae did ;-7
drinklime
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby slacker317 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:32 pm

Kellys Heroes wrote:

Except there was this one time two years ago before I started the league where he had Steve Smith and one guy had made a trade offer earlier in the day for Smith. It was the game where Steve Smith got injured for the rest of the year. They were both watching the game from the bar, and before they left, the guy that proposed the trade said "well, I guess I won't be offering that trade anymore". But the commish got home first and ACCEPTED THE TRADE ANYWAY.

After raising hell for the week, he finally overturned the trade and he never did anything like that again.

Luckily, we have a rule in place where we can overrule via 3/4 majority vote, just in case he gets another smart idea again.

That just being smart... I always cancel all trade offers before the games start.. i wouldn't get mad at the guy who accepted; but the guy how was stupid enough to leave the offer on the table and not be around in case something like that happens.. I would told all of you to go to hell.. Opp knocked and I answered the door.

We all verbally heard him say that he wasn't doing the trade anymore. It wasn't his fault that he lived farther away from the bar than the commish. It was a unanimous vote that he was in the wrong there, so he overturned it. It wasn't like the offer was made without knowing about the injury. The offer was made before he left home. They got to the bar to watch the game, the injury occured, they agreed the trade won't take place, they got home, but the commish got home first and accepted anyway.

If you think that was ok, I wouldn't be in your league either. But as I said, he hasn't done anything wrong besides that. I guess he thought none of us would do anything about it, seeing that none of us "usually" like the other guy that he was dealing with. But he was wrong.

But as a side note, I agree. I cancel all pending trades before a game starts in case something like that happens too. If it was only the two of them watching the game together, who know how it may have turned out. But a few of us (including myself, who wasn't even playing FF yet at the time) was present when it occurred, which made it shady.
slacker317
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mysticphysh » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:00 pm

drinklime wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:Nice Zeier sig, btw. I don't think anybody outside of Georgia knows who he is.

Hehe... I only made it cause everyone was getting so angry at my Rae Carruth sig. Zeier took over after Dilfer was benched in the '99 season and did even worse which to me is a worse crime than anything Rae did ;-7

Zeier, just another QB in a long line of good UGA QBs who couldn't make the transition to the NFL.

Anyways, about your league. I'd try talking to them again. Just tell them that its better to have somebody get mad and maybe not play next year than to ruin the intergrity of the entire league. It's better to lose one disgruntled owner than lose more owners because they're not happy with the way the league was run.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mothaudio » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:50 pm

I agree. We had to not invite an owner back. He was nothing but trouble for two years; constantly complaining. Hell, I beat him in the Championship game and the 1st words out of his mouth were "I want a re-match". Why? He lost power and said he could set his line up. He still complained when I proved to him that any combination of players he could have started weren't enough to defeat my starting unit. I put it to a league vote and almost everyone agreed - see ya! The bad thing about this is that it's a work league, so we see the guy every day. Yet, his league behavior is just an extention of his work behavior, no big surprise to anyone.
mothaudio
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Infidel » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:32 pm

Hate to say it but you are getting what you deserve with your method of choosing a Commish. You need to pick a guy who wants to do it and you'll eliminate your problem.

I've been a Commish for about 15 years and only had 1 owner ever pissed at me and that was due to vetoing a collusion trade with his best friend.
CheeseWhiz is a great substitute for plazma.
Infidel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby lmcjaho » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:16 am

slacker317 wrote:
Kellys Heroes wrote:

We all verbally heard him say that he wasn't doing the trade anymore. It wasn't his fault that he lived farther away from the bar than the commish. It was a unanimous vote that he was in the wrong there, so he overturned it. It wasn't like the offer was made without knowing about the injury. The offer was made before he left home. They got to the bar to watch the game, the injury occured, they agreed the trade won't take place, they got home, but the commish got home first and accepted anyway.

If you think that was ok, I wouldn't be in your league either. But as I said, he hasn't done anything wrong besides that. I guess he thought none of us would do anything about it, seeing that none of us "usually" like the other guy that he was dealing with. But he was wrong.

But as a side note, I agree. I cancel all pending trades before a game starts in case something like that happens too. If it was only the two of them watching the game together, who know how it may have turned out. But a few of us (including myself, who wasn't even playing FF yet at the time) was present when it occurred, which made it shady.

Uhh - I gotta side with Kelly's on this one. If the other guy was willing to make the offer (and leave it on the table) before the injury then he has to live with the consequences of it.

If the commish had accepted the trade verbally in the first quarter and then the injury happened later in the game would you still make him reverse it?

I don't see a difference between the two - the guy shouldn't have left a pending trade out there while there was a game on that one of the parties could get injured in.
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby darb48824 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:25 pm

My Commish is soooo bad he cant even read maps
darb48824
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous