COWBOYS WILL BEAT PHILLY AND BE 4-1 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

COWBOYS WILL BEAT PHILLY AND BE 4-1

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby kid a » Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:04 am

moochman wrote:My early ballot goes to Parcels for coach of the year.

I'd certainly agree.... if it weren't for Dick Vermeil. I recently read an article about this guy's entire career path from his Eagle days through last year..... before his 4-0 start this year. If this guy isn't the greatest coach right now, he's certainly the most underrated.

Trent Green, Priest Holmes, Vonnie Holiday, Dexter McCleon, Willie Roaf, Eddie Kennison and Johnnie Morton were thrown away by their old teams. He's built an undefeated September around these guys, and when you combine his drafting history with the fact he won Super Bowls in completely different eras, and created *unstoppable* offenses at times over the last 5 years, the man deserves more credit than he's been given.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:20 pm

I think that is a possibility...
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:28 pm

I'm gonna have to agree with Kid a on this one. Vermeil has now taken two franchises that were totally sub-par upon his hiring and made them great.

He's also now taken two running backs that couldn't cut it on their old teams (Faulk on the Colts and Holmes on the Ravens), and turned them into some of the league's best players.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby VHawk15 » Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:30 pm

They'll either be 3-3 or 4-2. They'll lose to the Eagles and I have Arizona over them this weekend.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby terpfan » Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:03 pm

yuck cowboys optimism makes me sick. :-P
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby ondeckb » Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:06 pm

kid a wrote:
moochman wrote:My early ballot goes to Parcels for coach of the year.

I'd certainly agree.... if it weren't for Dick Vermeil. I recently read an article about this guy's entire career path from his Eagle days through last year..... before his 4-0 start this year. If this guy isn't the greatest coach right now, he's certainly the most underrated.

Trent Green, Priest Holmes, Vonnie Holiday, Dexter McCleon, Willie Roaf, Eddie Kennison and Johnnie Morton were thrown away by their old teams. He's built an undefeated September around these guys, and when you combine his drafting history with the fact he won Super Bowls in completely different eras, and created *unstoppable* offenses at times over the last 5 years, the man deserves more credit than he's been given.

Another note on Vermeil....Philly...3rd year...Super Bowl, St. Louis...3rd year...Super Bowl, KC...this is his 3rd year.... ;-D
ondeckb
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby zombiez » Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:43 pm

Both great coaches, no denying that.....both bring out 110 percent of the personall they have around them....
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

one down, two to go

Postby irishboy » Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:38 pm

well the cowboys destroyed arizona; now its up to them to beat philly to make it 2 down, and one to go
IRISH PRIDE (WHAT'S WRONG WITH ALL CAPS)
irishboy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby deftdelivery » Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:47 pm

This will definately be an interesting game. I wonder if McNabb will emerge and live up to the ridiculously high aura of expectations surrounding him right now, or if he'll fall flat on his face against the Dallas D.

We shall soon find out
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:10 pm

foreverabearsfan wrote:you know what - quincy carter is really underrated. watching them on MNF vs the giants really showed his leadership skills. i don't really get a chance to watch the 'boys because fox or cbs puts on 3 hour long makeup paid programming and auto racing respectively (which MUST attract more vieweres than the NFL???). anyway i see great things for quincy, with solid receivers and an emerging RB. he better, because i picked him up.

anyway i could totally see them causing upsets like anything. 5-1 isn't crazy talk

Good, I just picked him up...
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk