My Controversial List - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My Controversial List

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:02 pm

My top10 picks would be QBs.

A solid O-line is nice. A stud RB can put up some impressive stats. A defensive standout can change the outcome of games single-handedly. But c'mon now, the QB is touching the ball on 99% of your offensive plays, and the last time I checked, you need to score points to win a football game.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Atog » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:55 am

maddog60 wrote:
Atog wrote:
GMoney wrote:I would be surprised if Manning, Manning, Palmer, McNabb, Hasselbeck, Vick, Brady arent the first 7 picks off the board.

I'd rather have LT than any of those guys except Peyton.

While I would agree teams are built in the trenches, and I think LT is the best player at his given position, there is a very simple reason premium QBs should be the top 10 or so. Position scarcity.

LT is great, hands down the best RB in football, but look at how many great RB talents there are in the NFL. Look at how easy it is for teams to find instant producers at RB. Already, Maroney, Bush, and Addai are making significant impact. Many teams have the luxury of 2 good RBs, not a one team has the luxury of keeping two good QBs.

QBs on the level of Peyton, Brady, Palmer, McNabb, etc there may only be 10 or 12 total, and that's being generous. Getting one of these types while you can is a must for any team, and it'd be well worth waiting till the 2nd round to get the best available RB or Left Tackle.

It's true that there are many good backs in the league, but there are none like LT. LT is young-ish, can run, can catch, and doesn't get injured. Westbrook is young and can catch, but he's an injury liabilty. Tiki can run and catch, but he's old. Very few players offer the versitility and value that you'd get in LT.

I realize that this is completely an opinion issue, though.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:10 am

I would venture to say that LT specifically is hard to peg. But I think that would be it. I mean edge and SA had to wait forever to get signed/paid. I think that should illustrated what would really happen in that event.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Atog » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:02 pm

eaglesrule wrote:I would venture to say that LT specifically is hard to peg. But I think that would be it. I mean edge and SA had to wait forever to get signed/paid. I think that should illustrated what would really happen in that event.

The thing is that SA and Edge both played for successful teams with proven offensive lines. LT played great for years when the Chargers were a bottomfeeder.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby slowride » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:25 pm

I'd go Mario Williams. :-b
slowride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant