Postby TheMule » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:56 pm

Friggin' Hasselbeck killed me!!! I knew I should have played Leftwich! :-o
Deluxe Sig By Deluxe_247
TheMule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:09 am

Why anyone would have started a Seattle offensive player is beyond me. SA wouldn't have made a difference at all. He's been mediocre so far this year, and he wouldn't have made up for this kind of domination.

Face it, Seahawk Alliance, the best team in the NFL just rolled you over. Theres not too much shame in losing to them.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby awwchrist » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:18 am

nope there isn't. you guys are very very good right now.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FatFoot » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:31 am

Had to watch the game via TiVo... just watched it now. That's the worst, ain't it?

Well, that was fun. :) No more sour grapes... Alexander could have had an impact on the game, but I think the Chicago offense did enough to win, even if you granted Alexander a great game. I think it's silly to blame it on his injury, and to put ANY weight on the idea of the Bears not practicing as hard for the run. If anything, having to gameplan for 4 WR sets and for a totally different rb gave them MORE work to deal with during the week.

Both are great teams, but it looks pretty clear that Chicago is the more dominant team... a very good looking offense combined with arguably the best defense in the game right now.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Members Only Jackets » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:07 am

tol1l1yboy wrote:Awesome that I kept Berrian on the bench this week. Should have gone with my gut but every fantasy recommendation I saw told me to start Williamson and/or Bryant over him.

:~(

Your gut, although loaded with beer, brats, cheese doodles and dorritos, can often make more sense than those who give advice.
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:36 am

Started the Bears Defense... very pleased... BUT

HOW DOES HASSLEBACK RUN DOWN MANNING INT RUN... DUDE CUTBACK OR LET THE GUY NEXT TO YOU BLOCK!!! :-P

ps- sorry for the shouting.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flyn high again » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:43 pm

seattlefantasy92 wrote:man, this was painful.. at least it happened early and not when it would count....pass blocking completley sucked, it seemed like the bears were blitzing every down.... that issue needs to be adressed.. a couple draws and screens would have helped

Best part from a Chicago fan standpoint is that the Bears mostly were just using their front four. They are so good, both quick and powerful, that it seems like the Bears run a lot of blitzes. They don't. The Bears have one of the best Defensive lines that I've ever seen. Even their 2nd stringers would be starting on most teams. They are the Brick House. Each Bear is a brick and together they make the House.

Draws and screens won't help. You would just bring Urlacher into the action more and give him more tackles and a probable pick. He's there to shut down the draws and screens.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:14 pm

Tommy Harris is a friggin monster, btw.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Goatwhacker » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:14 pm

Flyn high again wrote:
Best part from a Chicago fan standpoint is that the Bears mostly were just using their front four. They are so good, both quick and powerful, that it seems like the Bears run a lot of blitzes. They don't.

This is right. The Bears DL was just blowing the SEA OL off the line of scrimmage, especially in the second half. They faked a lot of blitzes in the first half but dropped back most of the time.

To twisted - yeah it was pretty bad Hass tackled Manning Jr, but the play that ticked me off as a Bear fan was that Hass scramble in the red zone, I think in the fourth quarter. The guy was as slow as molasses and he picked up the first down on third and long. The Bears must have blown containment on that one.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:05 pm

awwchrist wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:Ouch. Hurts to be a 'Hawks fan right now. First you lose the MVP, now you lost your masculinity, too.

Hmmm..I'd actually give you props for your yang if you were actually around prior to the end game whistle.

Because I would have been wasting my time here instead of watching my Bears whoop your Hawks? Sorry, REAL football is more important than Cafe chat.

If you don't know by now that I'm just busting balls, then you haven't been paying attention to the last couple of years...sheesh!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting