For those who ask for advice on this site... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

For those who ask for advice on this site...

Moderator: Football Moderators

For those who ask for advice on this site...

Postby mad benjamin » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:55 pm

Do you usually take the advice given or do you usual go with your inital gut instinct?

Sometimes I ask for advice just for confirmation or on the off-chance someone has some inside info on a player that I didn't hear about, but I'd say about 50% of the time, I do what I was going to do anyway.

Anyone else tend to do this?
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Spider » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:02 pm

For the most part. I like using the advice I get as a second opinion on what I'm going to or thinking about doing.

Also, since player vs player evaluation isn't a strength, I like getting others thoughts too.
Spider
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby SDChargerFan » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:15 pm

I usually have a pretty good idea what I am going to do before I ask a question and it always helps to hear others confirm what you are thinking...or tell you that you are an idiot. It also depends on who is giving the advice, there are some regulars on here whose opinions I would give more weight to based on the postings that I have seen them make in the past.
SDChargerFan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby onnestabe » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:25 pm

I don't usually pay much attention to the short responses ("Do it/Don't do it", "Bench Player X", etc.), but if someone gives their opinion with their reasoning, I will give it more weight. If I det a detailed response, I can then base my decision on whether or not I agree with their reasoning.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby mysticphysh » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:35 pm

onnestabe wrote:I don't usually pay much attention to the short responses ("Do it/Don't do it", "Bench Player X", etc.), but if someone gives their opinion with their reasoning, I will give it more weight. If I det a detailed response, I can then base my decision on whether or not I agree with their reasoning.

Dido. A lot of times, people are just answering your Q so you will go answer their's. Mine go either way. Sometimes, I don't really have any insight, just who I think I would play and just say so. They can take that for what its worth. Other times, I have reasoning for the choice, and I give that reasoning.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Richie Rich » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:10 pm

50/50...half the time i know what i wanna do and i want confirmation...the other half i am shaky and i know obviously alotta you guys have insight on other teams and / or resources throughout media outlets, eTc. throughout the country so i like ure info alot..
QB: Sanchez
RB: CJ, LT
WR: White, Jennings,
TE: Shockey
W/R:
K: Rackers
Defense: NO
BN: Marshall, Ward, Bess, VJax, Lynch, Favre

12 Team H2H Yahoo! PPR League
Richie Rich
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:40 pm

onnestabe wrote:I don't usually pay much attention to the short responses ("Do it/Don't do it", "Bench Player X", etc.), but if someone gives their opinion with their reasoning, I will give it more weight. If I det a detailed response, I can then base my decision on whether or not I agree with their reasoning.

I generally agree with this. Although, if a lot of people have answered (like 6-7+), even if its just a one word answer than I'll usually stick with it. Plus, my gut is almost always wrong. I think it's not working properly.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Crimedogg32 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:54 pm

I usually dont like to ask questions in the start/sit or trade forums since I think I know my stuff and I would rather run my team besides "the cafe". However stuff in leftovers I use alot and take into considerations alot of the opinions on different things expressed in this forum.
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Kingctb27 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:59 pm

Crimedogg32 wrote:I usually dont like to ask questions in the start/sit or trade forums since I think I know my stuff and I would rather run my team besides "the cafe". However stuff in leftovers I use alot and take into considerations alot of the opinions on different things expressed in this forum.

Agreed. It's my team, let me win/lose it for myself.
Kingctb27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:26 am

kingctb27 wrote:
Crimedogg32 wrote:I usually dont like to ask questions in the start/sit or trade forums since I think I know my stuff and I would rather run my team besides "the cafe". However stuff in leftovers I use alot and take into considerations alot of the opinions on different things expressed in this forum.

Agreed. It's my team, let me win/lose it for myself.

very well said...

i ask for advice to see what majority thinks, but i can guarantee you it will sting alot worse if you go against what you think, and take everyone else's advice and it ends up crashing and burning, i was told alex smith shouldnt start vs philly and warner should, i went against it and it paid off...

everyone also thinks maroney will be a better start then barber and im going to go with my gut and go with barber, rather lose on my own....but i do take advice into consideration if its well thought out instead of "id go with player b, here's my link"...if i even take the time to answer ill give reasoning and depth of why i think its a good choice usually so i hope i can help out
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk