So should I be excited about LJ? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

So should I be excited about LJ?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby rmande09 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:12 am

Be excited, but only play him in good matchups against poor run defenses. Half of his struggles (or even more) must be attributed to the fact that the Oakland O-Line sucks.
rmande09
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WickedSmaat » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:18 am

rmande09 wrote:Be excited, but only play him in good matchups against poor run defenses. Half of his struggles (or even more) must be attributed to the fact that the Oakland O-Line sucks.

That's what I've been feeling. I like the matchup this week against the 26th ranked run D, but I'm still not sure if I start him over Ahman Green, but I've got time to mull it over.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby maddog60 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:19 am

Lamont's a talented RB who can run between the tackles and has great hands. Sadly, Art Shell has no idea how to use him (its called a screen Art, and it works wonders) nor does he have a clue how to provide any sort of blocking scheme. Not that he's working with much, but Shell was supposed to teach this O-line how to play better, and they've actually gotten worse.

I think Lamont is in for a tough season, but if Oakland can ever figure out how to block, at all, he's going to churn out some nice numbers.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby pangbones » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:22 am

I've been trying to trade FOR him in one league. And I just traded him away in another for, Got C Johnson for him str8 up. I think he still has plenty of value, to smart owners anyways. He may not end up as a first round value, but he'll still be worth a lot IMO. Oakland won't get shutout every week, and whatever they do offensively Jordan and Moss will be the bulk of that.
pangbones
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mysticphysh » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:49 pm

deacon wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:Yes. He'll get it going......eventually. :-D

Let's just hope eventually doesn't = next year.

Man I'm good! I called it again. Too bad I can't do crap with my teams. :-b
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kilroy » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:47 pm

Anytime you can get a player of his caliber off the WW it's cause for excitement.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby WickedSmaat » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:10 pm

Too bad I didn't notice that Green may not play last night :-o It was a good game on my bench along with Foster. But atleast I had Portis and KJ to make up for the :-°

But really it was nice to see LJ get out of the gate like this and tear a weaker D.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Previous

Return to Football Talk