Michigan/Minnesota - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Michigan/Minnesota

Moderator: Football Moderators

Michigan/Minnesota

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:50 pm

I was a little scared there at the end, but Michigan's defense looked really good at the goal line.

Overall, I am happy with the way michigan played, but manningham only had 1 td catch!

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:13 am

Another big game from Hart and I have always been an Arrington fan, he and Manningham are going to be nice next year.

Rivas. !+)
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ShoelessJoe » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:09 pm

I don't think I've ever had anything nice to say about Mike Hart except for this. When he slid down after that 50 yard run late in the 4th that was one of the smartest things I've seen a football player do in a long time. It was so easy to just run out of bounds as I'm sure he was extremely tired yet he was smart enough to slide inbounds. I gained a lot of respect for him after that, smart move.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Atog » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:52 pm

CC wrote:Another big game from Hart and I have always been an Arrington fan, he and Manningham are going to be nice next year.

Rivas. !+)

I made a complain-about-Rivas thread last season ;-D
At least he hasn't missed a PAT this season.
Has he?
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby CC » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:30 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:I don't think I've ever had anything nice to say about Mike Hart except for this. When he slid down after that 50 yard run late in the 4th that was one of the smartest things I've seen a football player do in a long time. It was so easy to just run out of bounds as I'm sure he was extremely tired yet he was smart enough to slide inbounds. I gained a lot of respect for him after that, smart move.

What's not to like about Mike Hart? He is a workhorse who is one of the best power backs in the nation despite his size, he breaks a ton of tackles, always falls forward and is a good receiver out of the backfield.

I'm pretty sure Rivas has had a PAT blocked (Notre Dame?)
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:44 pm

You guys need to get off Rivas' back. He is not that bad. For one thing, on his missed FG, it would have been a much easier kick if Lloyd Carr had called a run up the middle the previous play instead of out wide cuz then the kick would have been from dead on, instead of the hash mark, and his blocked FG's have generally been the lines fault not his.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:29 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:You guys need to get off Rivas' back. He is not that bad. For one thing, on his missed FG, it would have been a much easier kick if Lloyd Carr had called a run up the middle the previous play instead of out wide cuz then the kick would have been from dead on, instead of the hash mark, and his blocked FG's have generally been the lines fault not his.

The man has a very low trajectory on his kicks, it's not the lines fault.
He's not terrible, but I wouldn't bank on him at any point.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Atog » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:48 am

CC wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:You guys need to get off Rivas' back. He is not that bad. For one thing, on his missed FG, it would have been a much easier kick if Lloyd Carr had called a run up the middle the previous play instead of out wide cuz then the kick would have been from dead on, instead of the hash mark, and his blocked FG's have generally been the lines fault not his.

The man has a very low trajectory on his kicks, it's not the lines fault.
He's not terrible, but I wouldn't bank on him at any point.

That's pretty much how I feel about him.
He has hit a 48-yarder this season, but from 40+ yards out I'd give him less than a 50% change of hitting it.
He should learn to lean back and pop PATs up. It's not that hard.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby ShoelessJoe » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:56 am

CC wrote:
ShoelessJoe wrote:I don't think I've ever had anything nice to say about Mike Hart except for this. When he slid down after that 50 yard run late in the 4th that was one of the smartest things I've seen a football player do in a long time. It was so easy to just run out of bounds as I'm sure he was extremely tired yet he was smart enough to slide inbounds. I gained a lot of respect for him after that, smart move.

What's not to like about Mike Hart? He is a workhorse who is one of the best power backs in the nation despite his size, he breaks a ton of tackles, always falls forward and is a good receiver out of the backfield.

Oh, I'm just a Michigan hater. I have one friend who all he ever talks about it how great Steve Breaston's hands are and how strong Chad Henne's arm is. That has built me up to just fight Michigan until they prove me wrong.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:41 am

ShoelessJoe wrote:
CC wrote:

Oh, I'm just a Michigan hater. I have one friend who all he ever talks about it how great Steve Breaston's hands are and how strong Chad Henne's arm is. That has built me up to just fight Michigan until they prove me wrong.

Your friend is clearly an idiot, as Steve Breaston has like 6 drops this year and terrible hands. He is a good punt and kick returner and a nice playmaker in open space, on hitches, and can be used on gadget plays but he is far from a good receiver. He is the slot WR since Manningham and Arrington are the #1 and #2.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to College Football