rankings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

rankings

Moderator: Football Moderators

rankings

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:51 pm

I know that Ohio State is a pretty clear cut #1, but given that some of the top ranked teams had tough times with suposedly easy opponents, how do you think the teams should be rankings wise following OSU?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sandrock » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:02 am

Of the top 10 outside of Ohio State, Michigan was the most impressive. Everybody else struggled, but they all came away with wins and that's what matters. West Virginia might vault USC for #3, but I highly doubt it.

I can't see anything changing too much in the Top 10. Outside of the top 10, VT falls and GT gains quite a few spots. TCU falls back to the 20s and possibly out.

EDIT: Texas played Sam Houston State, so I'm not considering that an actual game. 8-o
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:22 am

Outside of OSU, I dont really know what to think. Heres my top5:
OSU
USC
Auburn
Michigan
LSU

I feel fairly comfortable with this top5, but after that I dont see a squirt of piss difference between the rest. ND? UT? UO? OU? NU? VT? GT? UGA? FLA? I wont list em all, but none of these teams have proven to be consistent world beaters against what one would think to be weaker competition.

Whats gonna interest me over the next couple of years is the intense pressure for a playoff. The NCAA got what it wanted in terms of more parity throughtout the league. The increased parity though, makes it that much more assisine to take polling seriously as a way to determine the NC.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:33 am

HskrPwr13 wrote:Outside of OSU, I dont really know what to think. Heres my top5:
OSU
USC
Auburn
Michigan
LSU

I feel fairly comfortable with this top5, but after that I dont see a squirt of piss difference between the rest. ND? UT? UO? OU? NU? VT? GT? UGA? FLA? I wont list em all, but none of these teams have proven to be consistent world beaters against what one would think to be weaker competition.

Whats gonna interest me over the next couple of years is the intense pressure for a playoff. The NCAA got what it wanted in terms of more parity throughtout the league. The increased parity though, makes it that much more assisine to take polling seriously as a way to determine the NC.

That would be my top 5 as well, except with Auburn ahead of USC . It's hard to discount WVU, but they haven't played anyone. If they beat Louisville handily they definitely deserve a spot.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Atog » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:49 pm

USC just doesn't look like a top-5 team to me. And Georgia doesn't look like a top-20 team.

My top five would be-

OSU
Auburn
WVU
Michigan
FLA/LSU?
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:18 pm

Fla has to be ahead of LSU. LSU has not beat anyone this year and lost the only time they played a quality opponent.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:41 pm

CC wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:Outside of OSU, I dont really know what to think. Heres my top5:
OSU
USC
Auburn
Michigan
LSU

That would be my top 5 as well, except with Auburn ahead of USC . It's hard to discount WVU, but they haven't played anyone. If they beat Louisville handily they definitely deserve a spot.

I don't see how you guys can have west virginia out, i mean i know they havent played anyone all that great, but its hard to drop them in the rankings given how good they have looked.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Sandrock » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:33 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
CC wrote:
OSU
USC
Auburn
Michigan
LSU

I don't see how you guys can have west virginia out, i mean i know they havent played anyone all that great, but its hard to drop them in the rankings given how good they have looked.

It's not hard to look GOOD against Eastern Washington.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:43 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I don't see how you guys can have west virginia out, i mean i know they havent played anyone all that great, but its hard to drop them in the rankings given how good they have looked.

They struggled against ECU. That's enough to keep them out until the game with UL. Don't get me wrong, as much as I hate WVU I can admit they're one of the top teams in the country but when they haven't beaten anyone of quality and then they struggle against a school like ECU they are going to be on the outside looking in when it comes to the top 5. They'll have their chance to move up, though.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:11 am

Kind of surprised Auburn and USC stayed 2/3 in the polls, not really sure who I'd move up though. OSU did (deservingly) nab just about all the first place votes though (Auburn got 1 in each poll, OSU got all the rest).
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to College Football