Take on Hearst - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Take on Hearst

Moderator: Football Moderators

Take on Hearst

Postby Darin » Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:01 am

I am in a keeper system and will be keeping Moss, Culpepper, James. I have the option of keeping hearst or trowning him back and picking up another RB. What do you think? Basically, the middle of the road RB's would be available. IE: L. Smith, T. Barber, Bettis, Taylor, Mack, Stewart, Dunn, Pitmann, etc.

What are your thoughts...
Darin

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Philly Maulers » Tue Aug 27, 2002 12:05 pm

I like F. Taylor, or Barber over Hearst...greater upside, plus I think Hearst will eventually lose his job to Barlow
Philly Maulers

Postby kashikis » Tue Aug 27, 2002 12:06 pm

the only one on the list i would consider would be pittman because hes younger and will fit in Grudens scheme in TB. i think hell have a break out year its really up in the air but hearst will eventually lose his job to barlow probably by next year
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby chesapeake » Tue Aug 27, 2002 12:13 pm

I think Pittman could have a great year if he can stay healthy. Of course, Fred Taylor can be an elite back if he can stay healthy (which doesn't seem likely considering his history). Those would be the guys to go with. Tiki is good, too, but probably about equal to Hearst, but while Hearst will give up more carries to Barlow, Tiki will probably get more carries and Dayne less. Dayne tends to take TDs away at the goal line though.
chesapeake
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Darin » Tue Aug 27, 2002 12:25 pm

Seems to be focusing on Taylor, Pitmann mostly. I am also interested in other backs that would be a better bet than Hearst, if possible. I really need to decide if I should keep Hearst or throw him back in hopes of a betters RB...
Darin

Postby Arlo » Tue Aug 27, 2002 1:00 pm

Tough, tough call. One way to go would be to make sure you can pick up Barlow to back up Hearst - the trouble there is that they might wind up splitting carries the whole season without a clear number one emerging. If you were able to grab Taylor and Mack instead, you would at least know who to start each week.

If you have doubts about being able to pick up those guys' backups, perhaps it would be better to go with an RB who is the clear #1 on his team. If someone like McAllister will be available, you'll have one less question mark on your team, not to mention greater youth when it comes to picking your keepers for next season.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk