Trent Green not playing??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Trent Green not playing???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trent Green not playing???

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Oct 16, 2002 10:14 pm

Here's how I heard it.

October 16, 2002
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Quarterback Trent Green missed practice Wednesday with a sore ankle and Kansas City Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil said it was only "60-40" that he would play Sunday against Denver.The 32-year-old Green hurt his left ankle just before halftime of Sunday's 35-34 loss at San Diego. The ankle was taped and Green managed to play the second half."I don't know if he will practice tomorrow," Vermeil said. "(The ankle) is responding. But it's pretty darn sore. And what you have to be careful with on these kind of things is making it chronic. Then he goes through the rest of the season with a bad ankle, and we can't afford to do that. So we'll play it by ear."
:~(
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Oct 18, 2002 12:51 am

I hate having my emotions toyed with,aah the life of the fantasy baller. :~(

October 17, 2002
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- "Chiefs quarterback Trent Green was still hobbled with a sore ankle, and backup Todd Collins took most of the snaps in practice Thursday.But Kansas City coach Dick Vermeil said his estimate Wednesday that it was about "60-40" that Green would play on Sunday against Denver was still valid."He did limited work," Vermeil said of Green, who leads the NFL with 15 touchdown passes, injured his ankle near the end of the first half last Sunday at San Diego. With the ankle taped, he finished the game."I think he's planning on playing (on Sunday) and I think we'll plan on playing him," Vermeil said. "He took limited reps today, that's all I can say."
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Homeless » Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:40 pm

Yeah, him playing or not is a key factor in which Def I play this week :( Guess we wait til the last minute to know for sure.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby jdogg_ffc » Sun Oct 20, 2002 2:37 am

He's going to play for sure.
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk