Brady to Watson........ - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Brady to Watson........

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brady to Watson........

Postby ARDEEGrrl » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:20 pm

Why the frick won't he throw to him?!?!? I'm in a vry close game and this will make or break me. I'm extremely PO'd !!!!!!!!!! :-P
ARDEEGrrl
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:42 pm

Well, Brady isn't very good. Also, he spreads the ball around to his garbage WRs quite frequently.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Brady to Watson........

Postby delorian00 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:57 pm

ARDEEGrrl wrote:Why the frick won't he throw to him?!?!? I'm in a vry close game and this will make or break me. I'm extremely PO'd !!!!!!!!!! :-P

cause that would make us happy. brady to everyone but watson all season long.
delorian00
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FrankScott » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:32 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:Well, Brady isn't very good. Also, he spreads the ball around to his garbage WRs quite frequently.

This is one of the best ones I've heard yet--Brady isn't very good! I'm assuming it was a joke.

Re: the original post, I actually agree--I love Watson. I have him and am disappointed that he's not getting more looks. They'll come though, and he'll wind up a top-7 TE.
FrankScott
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:29 am

I don't know but one catch games aren't going to cut it unless they are for TDs. I was high on Watson but I have to admit...I'm dropping his stock now that I see Brady still throws to Daniel Graham Cracker. :-t
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby quitesanemax » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:54 pm

Well, we all thought that Watson was going to be Brady's receiver, but we should have known better. The reason why the Patriot's are successful is because Brady is able to spread the ball around. I wouldn't expect things to change for the rest of the year. Watson will have a few good games, but he will be inconsistent. If you can get a decent trade, I'd try. On the other board, someone was talking about trading Winslow for him. I'd take that trade in a a sec! But as it is, because someone took him before I was willing to, I don't have to worry about it.
quitesanemax
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FrankScott » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:08 pm

You guys have to realize that we're talking about Tight Ends here. Watson's currently 4th in the league in receiving yds among TE's. Granted, the Patriots haven't had their bye yet, and several teams have, so his ranking would go down a bit. But nonetheless he is and will be among the leaders at the position. So you're going to have to be a bit more patient with him. Brady has looked his way, and he will put up #'s. I expect him to be a top 5-6 TE in fantasy points, as I expected prior to the season. (Quick note: he's averaging more yds receiving per game than Antonio Gates)
FrankScott
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dgan » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:54 pm

FrankScott wrote:You guys have to realize that we're talking about Tight Ends here. Watson's currently 4th in the league in receiving yds among TE's. Granted, the Patriots haven't had their bye yet, and several teams have, so his ranking would go down a bit. But nonetheless he is and will be among the leaders at the position. So you're going to have to be a bit more patient with him. Brady has looked his way, and he will put up #'s. I expect him to be a top 5-6 TE in fantasy points, as I expected prior to the season. (Quick note: he's averaging more yds receiving per game than Antonio Gates)

;-D There is no doubt that Watson is the most talented pass catcher on the team. They've been running a lot of heavy sets, with 3 TEs and such. The defenses are just collapsing and it is difficult for Watson to get into the open field and make those small secondary players looks silly.

You have to think New England is going to develop as the season progresses...maybe Watson will turn in his best games during the Fantasy playoffs which include games against Miami and Houston!
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting