Maroney has BUSTED out - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Maroney has BUSTED out

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:14 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I benched him for Jamal Lewis at about 9:45 PST this morning. Yeah, that won't be happening again :-P

Stupid last second move.. had Maroney in there all week and then I wake up in decide to change it at the last second. I couldn't bring myself to start a RBBC guy over a starter. But now I see that Maroney is a solid #2 RB under any and all circumstances.
----

Anyways, it took a 19 yard catch from Roy Williams with about 10 seconds left in the Lion's game for me to TIE my opponent with all of our players done. So, I don't really regret benching Maroney, because the end of the StL/Det game was the most excited I have ever been about a fantasy football game. I had Jackson/Wilkins/Roy Willams vs. his Kevin Jones. I was pounding the table when they brought in Stephen Davis, was yelling at my dog when Wilkins missed the field goal.. man I love fantasy football.

I did the same thing, except i benched him for Gore in my Flex spot! ugh, because I saw Gore was Upgraded to probable....
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Popcynical » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:09 pm

aaawall91 wrote:
Popcynical wrote:I reached for him in the third round in my dynasty league. Not so much of a reach now.

I'm looking forward to watching this dominate in the years ahead.

Third? wow, I 'reached' it seemed like for him in the beginning of the 6th in my Dynasty. But that doesnt make me any less thirlled with his performances ;-D

I dunno what league you're in.. but I got messages saying that other owners would've taken him 3-4 picks later.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:45 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I benched him for Jamal Lewis at about 9:45 PST this morning. Yeah, that won't be happening again :-P

Stupid last second move.. had Maroney in there all week and then I wake up in decide to change it at the last second. I couldn't bring myself to start a RBBC guy over a starter. But now I see that Maroney is a solid #2 RB under any and all circumstances.
----

i did the same exact thing this morning but i benched him for dillon. luckily dillon at least got that late game TD or i might have been really depressed :~(

my girlfriend did bench maroney for jlew in her league tho. :-/
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wreckincrew4U » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:35 pm

awwchrist wrote:didn't matter for me. I had maroney and my opponent had Bulger, Holt, S.Jax, and Kjones.

Needless to say, I got lit up.

It's too bad you didn't catch him on St. Louis' bye week. I mean, come on, three St. Lous players!
wreckincrew4U
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

the

Postby DbacksAllTheWay » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:42 am

The thing that really has me riled up is that Maroney should've had 4 tds. That TD to Dillon could have easily been Maroney's after 3 missed plays in the red zone and the 3 yd td to Graham could've easily been punched in by Maroney, oh how I wish those were Maroney's!!!!
DbacksAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby moochman » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:02 am

It was just against the Bengals, not the hardiest of run Ds, but Maroney hasn't shown anything that would suggest that he isn't ready to take over. I love the way he always seems to fall forward. Not an easy thing to do and usually means a RB has real good field vision. His biggest immediate problem is that Dillon has looked good too.

I was the anti-Kensat today. When I heard that Green was downgraded for Monday I had the choice of Maroney or Lewis. I took Maroney ;-D ;-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby dogthedyslexic » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:41 am

I benched Tomlinson and Gore for Addai and Maroney.

I'm a genius...or really lucky.
dogthedyslexic
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BostonBlades » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:42 am

As a Pats fan that has watched most of the last two games, I'd say that Billy B could not be using these two guys any better than he is. It seems like he switches up at the perfect time. When they get used to Dillion pounding it for 4 and 5 yards all the time, he sends in Maroney to throw them off. Its beautiful.
I know a RBBC is usually a fantasy nightmare, but in this case both these guys are running great and have solid fantasy value. Besides, BB would be remiss if he changed up what he is doing now. The two of them combined for 192 yards against the Bengals.
I would say that Maroney's value is HIGHER sharing time with a healthy Dillon than it would be if he was the feature back at this point.
But boy, he will be a top 5 back very, very soon.
UPS to bigh0rt for the sig!
BostonBlades
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SwiperRocks! » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:12 am

He's reminding me of Jamal Anderson with those stiff-arm moves. I really like watching this kid run.

Dillon will still get some carries, but he is showing his age and looks a couple steps slower than Maroney.

He's getting close to 'nickname' territory. LM isn't gonna cut it. The kid is 'Money' to me.
SwiperRocks!
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby dogthedyslexic » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:17 am

gnipiWtoNrepiwS wrote:He's reminding me of Jamal Anderson with those stiff-arm moves. I really like watching this kid run.

Dillon will still get some carries, but he is showing his age and looks a couple steps slower than Maroney.

He's getting close to 'nickname' territory. LM isn't gonna cut it. The kid is 'Money' to me.

LoMo.
dogthedyslexic
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk