Time to drop Randy Moss - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Time to drop Randy Moss

Moderator: Football Moderators

Time to drop Randy Moss

Postby Suicide_Kings » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:44 pm

The only reason I can think of NOT to drop Randy is by some delusion that Brooks will come back off his injury and post average stats.

Seriously, after 1 catch (even though it was a TD) I think there really, really is no hope for Moss this season. As for LaMont Jordan, well, he looked like Air Jordan but once the Raiders go up against a good run defense he'll sink back into oblivion.

I didn't see the game. Did it look like they were protecting the QB and getting to the scrimmage quickly?
Suicide_Kings
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

re

Postby ravenloft » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:00 am

i feel yea man i have him as well and every week i wana say this is his week but FFS ONE reception even though it was a TD it is only ONE reception the whole game.

I have benched WR doing more then that it really is SAD :(
ravenloft
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Challie » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:58 am

It's still hard to imagine just dropping Moss. His trade value is very, very low, but somebody has to be willing to take him on ... he has too much upside, even in a miserable offense.

BAL and SD absolutely demoralized the Raiders, but about half of his games are against very forgiving defenses.

It's not an optimistic situation ... and Moss could absolutely quit on this team. But dropping him just doesn't make sense to me. At least in the leagues I play in, the WRs available on the WW are not even close to being any kind of a sure thing to beat Moss' stats on the season.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby FatFoot » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:12 am

As of last week at this time Braylon Edwards and Jennings were available on the wire. I think both will have better years. On Berrian is on many wires. I got shot, stabbed and scolded for suggesting that it could be legitimate to drop Moss, as his value is bottomed out, and there were still players on the wire who could potentially be top 10-20. Just because you CAN find a way to trade Moss doesn't mean that you'll get value equal to what may be on the wire in your league. And just because Moss has talent, does not mean that he'll have any great games. It's possible that he will. But if you have no roster space to hang onto him, (I do,) the later you drop him, the slimmer the pickin's.

It's a judgement call. If you are convinced that this is the Randy Moss you're getting for the year, then you drop him if there's significant value on your wire. In my experience this year, no teams will touch him with a 10 foot pole. The counter-offers I've seen have been worth LESS than what I can get on the wire.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby SirGrotius » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:52 am

Moss is so sad now I'm seriously considering starting Lee Evans in his place every week now that Losman's starting to mature. Moss is still on Yahoo's "can't cut" list, which is really embarrassing. I think you can trade him, nevertheless, he's such a big name someone's got to take a stab at him. Maybe Kerry will return to the Raiders? :-B
10 rushing yards - 1 pt
10 receiving yards - 1 pt
20 passing yards - 1 pt
All TDs - 6 pts (QBs favored)
SirGrotius
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Suicide_Kings » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:37 pm

Trading Moss away is the best option. I won't drop him, and I certainly won't start him anytime soon, but if you have a knack for putting good trades together and have Moss then you can probably make something out of nothing.

I do believe his contract is fulfilled after this season. I wonder where he'll wind up next? I can't see him staying with this organization.
Suicide_Kings
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby shagworth » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:13 am

YEah, I wouldnt drop him...Trade him for something. There is someone in your league that will take him on name alone. Hell, I got Andre Johnson for Edge.
shagworth
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby matmat » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:50 am

I watched the SUnday game against the cleveland clowns.

Walter didn't actually look bad and threw a decent, albeit not perfect, ball.

HOWEVER (BIG HOWEVER)

watching moss gave me the impression that he isn't trying. He was not fighting for the ball, he was slowing down on routes when the ball was thrown to him and seemed to just basically shrug his shoulders at the incompletions.

He is unhappy in OAK and his body language and lack of effort (imo) are making it obvious.

Healthy brooks will not help this situation.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:27 am

matmat wrote:I watched the SUnday game against the cleveland clowns.

Walter didn't actually look bad and threw a decent, albeit not perfect, ball.

HOWEVER (BIG HOWEVER)

watching moss gave me the impression that he isn't trying. He was not fighting for the ball, he was slowing down on routes when the ball was thrown to him and seemed to just basically shrug his shoulders at the incompletions.

He is unhappy in OAK and his body language and lack of effort (imo) are making it obvious.

Healthy brooks will not help this situation.

Gotta love his attitude!

This is probably the biggest reason I didn't draft Moss in any leagues this year. Both he and Gates fell to me in one league, and I decided to go with Gates cuz I figured Moss won't put up much better numbers than guys like Wayne, S Moss etc. Turns out he won't even put up close to those guys stats.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting