Just got beat by a miracle comeback - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Just got beat by a miracle comeback

Moderator: Football Moderators

Just got beat by a miracle comeback

Postby xTheelite7x » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:46 pm

I am sitting here still in disbelief. In my yahoo league (standard TD heavy league 1pt = 20 rec, 20 rush; 6pt = TD). I found myself up by 24 with Chad Johnson and Kellen Winslow left to play. The person I was playing had Rudi Johnson and Santana Moss. I knew that Moss and Rudi were going to score more then Chad and Kellen, but in a league where the average team score is around 65 I figured it was as close to a lock as possible. I just lost by a point and I am furious, I just cannot understand what the hell just happened. To make it worse I was dominating in my other ESPN league also with C. Palmer and Westbrook left to play and all he had was Leftwich and Scobee. Do the football gods hate me? On a side note last season I was playing the same person I just lost to in the yahoo league and was up by 12 and all they had left was S. Moss vs. the Cowboys on a Monday night game. This is the second time that bastard has decided to have a career game to help the same person pull off a miracle victory over me.
xTheelite7x
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:48 pm

Stuff happens.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Suicide_Kings » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:51 pm

Elite-

I hope that you are able to get your revenge one day.

:-D
Suicide_Kings
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:43 pm

I've heard worse.

Last year someone posted that they lost by .1 because their QB kneeled down 3 times at the end of the game, losing .3 points in the process. 8-o

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:22 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:I've heard worse.

Last year someone posted that they lost by .1 because their QB kneeled down 3 times at the end of the game, losing .3 points in the process. 8-o

That is classic!! :-b
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BigDballer » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:35 am

!+)

I had a crazy come back last year with only my vikings D left. It was that insande game last year where the Vikings D scored like 2 TDs or something. Score more than my rest of my team combined and the other person had very little on his team.
( __ /)
(=*.*=)
( ")_(" )
BigDballer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby TheSQUID » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:04 am

I got murdered this week thanks to the 8 TDs that Frye, Moss, and Thomas Jones put up. :~(
TheSQUID
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Re: Just got beat by a miracle comeback

Postby Goody » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 am

xTheelite7x wrote:I am sitting here still in disbelief. In my yahoo league (standard TD heavy league 1pt = 20 rec, 20 rush; 6pt = TD). I found myself up by 24 with Chad Johnson and Kellen Winslow left to play. The person I was playing had Rudi Johnson and Santana Moss. I knew that Moss and Rudi were going to score more then Chad and Kellen, but in a league where the average team score is around 65 I figured it was as close to a lock as possible. I just lost by a point and I am furious, I just cannot understand what the hell just happened. To make it worse I was dominating in my other ESPN league also with C. Palmer and Westbrook left to play and all he had was Leftwich and Scobee. Do the football gods hate me? On a side note last season I was playing the same person I just lost to in the yahoo league and was up by 12 and all they had left was S. Moss vs. the Cowboys on a Monday night game. This is the second time that bastard has decided to have a career game to help the same person pull off a miracle victory over me.

It's fantasy football and it happens all the time. I have been on the raw end of losses by .02, not .2, but .02. There will be times when you win by miracles and lose by miracles. It happens! I feel your pain though and one day you will be on the other end. It makes it all that much sweeter when it happens because of weeks like this.
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Alucard » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:02 pm

My boy was up by 51 points last year with the other team only having Edge left to play. He lost by 1. And it wasn't a heavy point league either.
Alucard
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby cjbengal85 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:33 pm

I am down 0.2 points because of Delhomme kneeling yesterday. Luckily I have Akers and I'm about as lock as they come :)
cjbengal85
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting