Curtains for Warner? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Curtains for Warner?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Curtains for Warner?

Postby Fireball Express » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:04 pm

I'm guessing that the Kurt Warner show is officially over in Arizona. Anyone know what they are saying in the desert about it.

My biggest concern is how the weak QB situation in Arizona will effect Boldin, Fitz and Edge.
Thought and comments?

"How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of Gore, Of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your Overlords!" - Zep
Fireball Express
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:50 pm

And Bryant Johnson...who got 0 catches today..dissapointing I must say, Hes my big sleeper, He's the 3rd wideout in Zona, but was a 17th overall pick in 2003, only If they had a decent QB.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:00 pm

Its time. Warner still has life if he could find a team that has a good o-line. With AZ's o-line being average-to-poor, he's too much of a liability in ball protection. AZ's season is now over, and Leinart will be the QB from here on out.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mattb47 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:28 pm

It's not like Leinart had incredible success out there though. I think Leinart's performance showed that it wasn't necessarily Warner so much as the god-awful offensive line. At least Warner was getting some big plays while he was QB to go with the turnovers....
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:14 pm

They announced on the local news here (PHX) that Dennis Green said Leinart will start next week.

What do y'all think this does to Boldin and Fitz's value? I think it takes a hit, at least in the short-term.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby skinsfan » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:15 pm

mattb47 wrote:It's not like Leinart had incredible success out there though. I think Leinart's performance showed that it wasn't necessarily Warner so much as the god-awful offensive line. At least Warner was getting some big plays while he was QB to go with the turnovers....

That's right about his performance. In limited time, he matched Warner with a lost fumble and an INT.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kensat30 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:35 pm

aaawall91 wrote:And Bryant Johnson...who got 0 catches today..dissapointing I must say, Hes my big sleeper, He's the 3rd wideout in Zona, but was a 17th overall pick in 2003, only If they had a decent QB.

Guess you missed the out route Bryant ran today. It was a nicely thrown pass that hit Bryant Johnson in the hands. He looked smooth going for the ball, but somehow it bounced right off his hands. No big deal because the ball deflected and proceeded to hit him in the numbers. A slight miscue caused him to miss that chance, but the ball remained catchable, bouncing right back into his waiting hands. Unluckily, the the ball finally proceeded to bounce off his hands for a second time and fall uselessly to the turf.

I guess the defender standing about 7 yards away from him caused him to lose his concentration on that one. Or perhaps it was Warner's poorly thrown tight spiral. Everybody knows those ducks are much easier to catch. And besides Warner was playing so poorly the entire day, how was Bryant Johnson to know that he would be the recipient of an accurate pass?

But I'm sure the backup rookie QB who is likely to see the field in the coming weeks, will focus on Johnson (the slot WR behind ALL Pro WRs Fitz and Boldin) to ensure that he regains his confidence. We all know Leinart is the most NFL ready rookie QB in the draft, and he should have no trouble proceeding regularly down to his third read on any given play and getting the ball in Johnson's hands. Kudos to your sneaky sleeper pick.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Lunger » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:30 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:They announced on the local news here (PHX) that Dennis Green said Leinart will start next week.

Didn't he say that after the last game?
Lunger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:37 pm

Lunger wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:They announced on the local news here (PHX) that Dennis Green said Leinart will start next week.

Didn't he say that after the last game?

Yeah, he did...but I think they're going to hit the panic button now. I am not sure either guy is going to do much with the offensive line that they have, so it's hard to say if it's too soon. I think they might be saying it's time to showcase all of the young talent and get Leinart some game experience now.

Still, Warner's got to be pretty ticked that this is happening to him for the second time in two years (well, at least we know his wife will be mad :-b).
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jnormy » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:21 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:And Bryant Johnson...who got 0 catches today..dissapointing I must say, Hes my big sleeper, He's the 3rd wideout in Zona, but was a 17th overall pick in 2003, only If they had a decent QB.

Guess you missed the out route Bryant ran today. It was a nicely thrown pass that hit Bryant Johnson in the hands. He looked smooth going for the ball, but somehow it bounced right off his hands. No big deal because the ball deflected and proceeded to hit him in the numbers. A slight miscue caused him to miss that chance, but the ball remained catchable, bouncing right back into his waiting hands. Unluckily, the the ball finally proceeded to bounce off his hands for a second time and fall uselessly to the turf.

I guess the defender standing about 7 yards away from him caused him to lose his concentration on that one. Or perhaps it was Warner's poorly thrown tight spiral. Everybody knows those ducks are much easier to catch. And besides Warner was playing so poorly the entire day, how was Bryant Johnson to know that he would be the recipient of an accurate pass?

But I'm sure the backup rookie QB who is likely to see the field in the coming weeks, will focus on Johnson (the slot WR behind ALL Pro WRs Fitz and Boldin) to ensure that he regains his confidence. We all know Leinart is the most NFL ready rookie QB in the draft, and he should have no trouble proceeding regularly down to his third read on any given play and getting the ball in Johnson's hands. Kudos to your sneaky sleeper pick.

Wow, that's a lot of hot air for one drop in one lousy out pattern. So the great WRs in the game have never EVER dropped passes that hit them on the hands??? I'm not saying I agree that Bryant is gonna be "all that," but that's why aaawal called him a SLEEPER pick. If everyone thought they'd be great, they wouldn't BE sleepers now would they? Give the guy a break.
jnormy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk