Reggie Williams now JAX WR #1? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Reggie Williams now JAX WR #1?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Reggie Williams now JAX WR #1?

Postby monkey69 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:48 pm

Hey all,

With the last 2 weeks with Matt Jones injured - does Reggie Williams' recent play make him the new #1 WR? Does he stay the #1 when Jones is healthy?
monkey69
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:49 pm

While Jones is injured, yes. Once Jones comes back, his job is up for grabs is my guess.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Amazing Oopah » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:52 pm

if Matt Jones is injured, why are they still trotting him out there to do nothing? :-[
Amazing Oopah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:10 pm

People who keep insisting Matt Jones is gonna be the #1 guy are living in a dream land. Either you can get it done or you can't... and Reggie Williams is gettin' it done.
BillyHallDisciple
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mattb47 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:27 pm

Reggie Williams has made a career out of being extremely inconsistent. I'd have to see more consistency out of him before I say that he'll be the #1 option for that team. Everyone has good games sometimes....look at his numbers from last week: 2 receptions for 8 yds.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby the rusty trombones » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:37 pm

im sorry but I just dont understand all the Matt Jones hype..........

I mean what has Matt Jones really done?
the rusty trombones
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Kensat30 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:44 pm

Reggie William's looks pretty damn good to me. I can't believe this guy is the same player that was absolutely HORRIBLE last year. It's probably too late to grab him cheap, but I think it's pretty clear he is the WR to have in Jacksonville right now. I don't think you can bench him anymore unless you have some very good other options at WR.

Matt Jones is probably more talented and athletic than Williams, but he is battling injuries and has far less experience playing WR compared to Williams. I think Matt Jones' upside remains infinitely higher than Williams, but I am seriously starting to doubt if we will see that this season. Maybe later in the year?

Who knows, and if you have Reggie on your roster, why care? Continue to start him and reap the benefits. I've got Matt Jones sitting on a lot of benches right now and he will continue to sit there until I see him realize his potential. Wish I had drafted Reggie in the 14th round right about now, but I'm still excited about the Jones pick.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby SniperShot » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:39 pm

Amazing Oopah wrote:if Matt Jones is injured, why are they still trotting him out there to do nothing? :-[
Freak out the defense. Waste good CB's on him. It's a good plan for Jax, sux for us.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Return to Football Talk