how about this for getting screwed... you wont believe this - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

how about this for getting screwed... you wont believe this

Moderator: Football Moderators

how about this for getting screwed... you wont believe this

Postby sportsaddict » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:54 pm

This was my opponent. After it was all said and done, he scored 171 points. This is probably the greatest fantasy day I have ever seen. I scored 120 points and thought I had a great day, but i still lost by 51. And we scored by far the most points in the league; nobody else was over 87.

His team:

QB- Bulger (22 points)
WR- S. Moss (31 points)
WR- Terry Glenn (19 points)
WR- Eddie Kennison (14 points)
RB- Larry Johnson (26 points)
RB- Willis McGahee (14 points)
TE- Todd Heap (12 points)

K- Jeff Wilkins (18 points)

Def- Dallas (15 points)

heap with the lowest total at 12...
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:01 am

I believe it because I've seen the same thing happen countless times. It's just bad luck and frustrating because you would've beaten every other team in the league. I've seen the team that scores the most overall points in the entire league miss the playoffs because they just happen to play every owner the week that owner has their best day. Totally sucks but it happens more often than you think.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:24 am

What a lucky SOB! :-b
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby FrankScott » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:28 am

It happens all the time, which is why I have this annual argument with the guys in my league that we have to change the financial payouts--they're too heavily weighted on W/L record, which are totally skewed by flukes. There's no defense in Fantasy football! Sure, the head to head matchups make for a lot of excitement, but leagues should really split the pot as follows: 50-60% based on head to head records with playoffs, championsip, etc, and 40-50% based on most points during the regular season (13 weeks). Although I've showed the stats and mad the argument to my league mates multiple times through the yrs they refuse to budge, so we're stuck with an 85/15 split favoring head to head. Thus last yr I was 2nd in points and wound up losing about $400, while a "lesser" team won "the championship" and about a grand net. Ludicrous!
FrankScott
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FatFoot » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:58 am

The other 0-3 team in my league still has LJ Smith waiting to play and has 163 pts so far.

I just won my first game, by 1 point.

Which of course means that I'm waiting for some imminent correction to take the game away from me.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting