League moaning about Colston @ WR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

League moaning about Colston @ WR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mbuser » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:18 pm

but he has eligibility at TE, and has since the yahoo game opened... is it only silly to play him there because he is doing so well as a WR? if he was a WR3 and had 12 catches for 130 yards and 1 TD to this point, i'm sure this thread wouldn't exist, and neither would the strong feelings that he shouldn't be allowed to be used at TE
mbuser
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Verdun Barbarians » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:27 pm

This issue is taking proportions I just can't understand.

Yes, being able to play at two positions is an advantage... but this advantage is not that huge! It is a big one right now because most tight ends are putting up bad numbers since the beginning of the season. But Colston is not the second coming of a receiving God or something.

Many people have made the pick up of Colston as a TE backup off the waiver wire. This move was honest. Changing his availability after the start of the season equals to some sort of light-scale backstabbing.

Just quit whinning about this. You just had to pick him up before the thers did. I guess some people need to find excuses why they lost some games during the first weeks of the season :-/
Verdun Barbarians
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mothaudio » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:28 pm

Thanks guys.

If I had to guess, I would say that you are one of the leaders of your league, because I know for a fact they would not bitch if you weren't.

That's excatly right. I'm 2-1 and after tonight's game should easily be 3-1. I'm 2nd in points. I won the league two years ago and won the "most points title" last year. So yes, I'm the Commish but I've always been competitive in all my fantasy leagues. And for the most part a few people in my work league have had one thing or another to complain about my actions or lack of [one guy bitched because he lost power and wanted a "rematch"]. He wasn't asked back. I know that isn't unique but it's there.

I pretty much told them the same thing as most of you. I didn't make the rule, Yahoo did. If it's good with them then it should fly. It was never discussed before the season [or last year with Cooley]. I snagged him off the WW, and no one said anything till he started putting up numbers.

I honestly believe I'm right, but it's not worth getting everyone pissed about either. They want me to either play him at WR or change the TE position to WR/TE [if possible?]. So basically remove that position as everyone will be playing three WRs. Typical "no win" Commish situation.
mothaudio
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby skinsfan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:45 pm

mothaudio wrote:I pretty much told them the same thing as most of you. I didn't make the rule, Yahoo did. If it's good with them then it should fly.

We aren't slaves to Yahoo! ...
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nola » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:52 pm

You aren't doing anything wrong.

BUT, Is "winning" this fight worth having a miserable season? If you win, half of your league will consider it somewhat illegitimate. Sucks, but its true. I don't envy your position. Either you lose the eligibility, or you lose the "legitimacy" in the eyes of your leaguemates. Either way, you lose.
nola
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gablefan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:23 pm

Verdun Barbarians wrote:This issue is taking proportions I just can't understand.

Yes, being able to play at two positions is an advantage... but this advantage is not that huge! It is a big one right now because most tight ends are putting up bad numbers since the beginning of the season. But Colston is not the second coming of a receiving God or something.

Many people have made the pick up of Colston as a TE backup off the waiver wire. This move was honest. Changing his availability after the start of the season equals to some sort of light-scale backstabbing.

Just quit whinning about this. You just had to pick him up before the thers did. I guess some people need to find excuses why they lost some games during the first weeks of the season :-/

I have him in one of my leagues and I would be the first to say it would be wrong to start him at TE when he plays WR. I am 7-1 in that league, so I have no sour grapes over that. In fact I told the commish he was a WR and to make that change along with Michael Robinson as a RB/ WR. And if you picked him up knowing he is a WR so you could play him as a TE that move is not honest, it is using a loophole to get wins. Plain and simple.

I agree with whomever said the league will look at this as ilegitimate wins. And in my opinion rightfully so.
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:03 pm

our league has had no such problems, the person who picked him up uses him as a TE and no one really has a problem, personally i have shockey so i would probably take the play at WR anyway, or switch him week to week depending on what i had in my lineup, but its on yahoo....

believe me, the same argument would be for alot of players slated as dual position, lets say for the sake of argument reggie mcneal started at qb for someone this year, yahoo has him as qb/wr, so you would have a qb in a wr slot, as bad of a game he may have, his numbers would be great for a wr each week, but thats up to yahoo to fix...leagues can have their own rules, but no one would mind if they grabbed him first keep that in mind
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Previous

Return to Football Talk