RANT: My team is full of a bunch of overrated suckers! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

RANT: My team is full of a bunch of overrated suckers!

Moderator: Football Moderators

RANT: My team is full of a bunch of overrated suckers!

Postby Alucard » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:56 am

Here is my team, which on paper looks sick. But in reality, they got schooled two weeks in a row, not being able to score out of the 80's both weeks. My favorite is F. Taylor and C. Palmer combo with a total of 5 Points.

C. Palmer - No TD passes, 2 fumbles! (4 Points Total!) (2 out of 5 weeks he screwed me)
M. Harrison - Dropped a hard to catch TD (Can you say over rated) (7 Points) - NO TOUCHDOWNS ON THE SEASON!!!
F. Tylor - 17 Yards! (1 Point!) (Second striaght week with almost no show numbers)
L. Coles - Dropped a hard to catch TD (8 Points)
R. Johnson - 1 TD (14 Points)
C. Portis - 1 TD (19 Points)
J. Wilkins - (16 Points, second highest on team!)
Buffalo - Allowed 4th Q useless TD. but still showed (8 Points)

I am tied at 80 points on the day. He still has R. Brown going tonight. This is 2 weeks in a row that my team has severly under performed. Thank good for Wilkins, Portis only two consistant players on my team.
Alucard
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Goatwhacker » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:56 pm

That's rough, but your team maybe isn't as strong as you think. You've got Fragile Fred who is always a risk and who Jones-Drew outscored last week, and you have Laverne as your #2 WR who is hit and miss. Harrison is aging. Rudi and Portis did pretty well, Wilkins got you more points than you have a right to expect from a kicker.

Don't get me wrong you have a good team but not necessarily dominant.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Alucard » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:27 pm

Actually LC was my backup. Burress is my #2, but he screwed me last week.

As for F Taylor, I expected more from him. Expecting him to have a healthy season and be dominant. I may have to start going to A. Green instead. I always get scared Favre going to pass 50+ times so I bench him.

As for Harrison, I figured he would be go to money. But he has yet to score. That surprises me more then anything. I doubt age has anything to do with that. but 8 points per week is not cutting it. Espeically as a #1.

I am more disappointed in Palmer. He has really been incosistant. Since I have Drew as the back up and Rex is still available, I may look for a trade. I wonder if anyone would do Palmer/Taylor for LT. I still have Muhammed and Coles on the bench. So I could use them.

As for the kicker, he is definately over delivering. I love him. I dropped feely for him 2 weeks ago. He has been a top scorer both weeks in a row. You gotta love teams with bad Red Zone %.
Alucard
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby venus » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:11 pm

If you had LT would you trade him for Palmer & Freddy? Didn't think so. Gonna have to sweeten the deal to get rid of Freddy, he is a definite sell low right now.

10 team league
3-0
QB's McNabb, Bledsoe
RB's SA, Tiki, Brian Westbrook, Reuben Droughns, Brandon Jacobs
WR's Chris Chambers, Javon Walker,Housh, Troy Williamson, Keyshawn
TE's Crumpler
K's Graham
D Philly
venus
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby FBBVirgin » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:02 pm

Harrison's #'s

Week 1 - 9 catches for 113
week 2 - 7 for 127
week 3 - 6 for 94
week 4 - 7 for 79

WOW, you are right. He is completely overrated. What a chump.

I'll tell you what, though. I would rather have an "overrated" chump who will consistently catch 7-9 balls a game and rack up 80-130 yards than a flash in the pan reciever who scores 1 week, and the following week notches me 33 yards on 2 catches.

Harrison is a stud, and if you really think he is overrated, why don't you trade HIM?

And finally, i am really curious as to the scoring system for your league. How do those numbers get 7 points on average?
FBBVirgin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby MatthewGeological » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:39 pm

LOL :-B Yeah,how does your league score. 7 Pts? Might check the math
MatthewGeological
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting