Rex Grossman - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rex Grossman

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rex Grossman

Postby darb48824 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:03 pm

does this guy now have must start status. He has been sitting on my bench. my other QB is culpepper and i am 4-0 now. Culpepper has scored about 15 pts every week but grossman is starting next week, what are the chances he keeps this up
darb48824
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:32 pm

It's not so much that Grossman is must start, but Culpepper should be Bench until further notice for you. Grossman is a Great guy to have since he'll get a couple TDs vs. the weaker Defenses of the NFC north all season. He may have the 1TD 3INT game soon, so unless it's a great matchup don't start him over a more consistent option like Bulger, McNabb, Peyton. He's certainly climbing the QB ladder.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jnjtk555 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:05 pm

i think you gotta start him; im in chicago but not a bears fan. though i watch them....its been 4 games now. I now his did fair great against the vikings; but as a QB he has looked very sharp, he's throwing nice deep ball and making his reads. The running games will likely start rolling then that offense will be more than a handful. Fantasy wise, becasue the bears look like they are sure to pass about 45% of the time i would start him, especially if my other QB was Cpepp
"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart and lean not to thine understanding"
jnjtk555
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby shagworth » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:17 pm

I have Rex and Plummer, and Im starting Rex every week until further notice. What is so scary is that the Bears offense looks great now, and I dont even think they're all the way in sync. They left a lot of points on the field last night.
shagworth
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby RugbyD » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:24 pm

What is most impressive is not the fact that Rex is putting up such gaudy numbers, but rathetr the way he is doing it. He is hitting guys in stride and putting the ball on the right side of the receiver. He is for real, despite his lack of defensive competition the first 3 weeks.
[b]Hermes[/b]: Just such the obstinancy that brought you here, to this self-willed calamitous anchorage.

[b]Prometheus[/b]: Be sure of this: when I set my misfortune against your slavery, I would not change.
RugbyD
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby budgerock » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:52 pm

Rex Grossman = Sell High Now
budgerock
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby cha » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:39 pm

Grossman is not at the level Peyton, Carson, McNabb, etc....however, he is a lot better than many other QB's that were actually drafted this year. Now if you are in a redraft league you could sell but depending on when your playoffs fall, Rex gets Detroit and GB in weeks 16 and 17. If you are in a dynasty league....you might want to hang on to this one.
cha
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:25 pm

He's one of those guys who probably won't kill your team to start, but he won't shatter records either. :-/ A lot of middle of the road QB's on good teams are in the same vein.

I'd say he's not one of the top options unless the Bears are playing a poor pass defense. He's pretty much on the level that Plummer was at last year...10-12th best QB stats, maybe one or two huge games here and there, but generally mediocre stats each game like 200-250 yards passing, 1-2 TD's, and 0-1 INT's.

The best part is the low INT totals...if the Bears are winning all the time, they don't need to throw as much which will limit the amount of risks Rex will have to take. That's the advantage of having a QB from a good team. :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TheDiplomats » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:55 pm

Just dealt Randy Moss for him in a dynasty league where I was extremely weak at QB. I like his FF playoff schedule more then anything. He gets St. Lous, Detroit, and TB.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk