Fred Taylor??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fred Taylor???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fred Taylor???

Postby Frozen#24 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:58 pm

After several weeks of the jags trying to run the ball, they really seemed to go away from it. Fred Taylor had a horrible game and Jones-Drew is on his heals. Is Freddie still a guy you can count on our is a look at what is in store for the future??
Frozen#24
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:02 pm

They were in a shootout this past week, that's the big reason for his down production. Expect him to get more carries again this week against a very weak Jets run defense. I expect a big game from him next week.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:08 pm

I wouldn't want Fred as my #1 or #2 RB but he's a solid #3 in a 12 team league. He doesn't consistently put up big yard totals nor does he find the endzone enough.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:09 pm

mattb47 wrote:They were in a shootout this past week, that's the big reason for his down production. Expect him to get more carries again this week against a very weak Jets run defense. I expect a big game from him next week.

True...Jets run defense has given up over 150 yards on the ground the last 3 games.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:16 pm

Jacksonville didn't really run this week at all. I see Taylor coming back. But, just in case, I have Jones-Drew stashed away on my bench. Only way I see Freddie giving way is if he gets injured (which will probably happen anyways).
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:44 pm

killiansjmd wrote:
mattb47 wrote:They were in a shootout this past week, that's the big reason for his down production. Expect him to get more carries again this week against a very weak Jets run defense. I expect a big game from him next week.

True...Jets run defense has given up over 150 yards on the ground the last 3 games.

The Jets will shut him down. Expect a big game from the Jets D.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby skinsfan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:19 pm

You checked the stats but didn't watch the game. The Skins D is on point now, and Houston couldn't run the ball either. Taylor actually ran well yesterday, but there was nowhere to run because the Redskins played Run Blitzes until Jacksonville abandoned the run. I wouldn't expect him to repeat this performance.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mattb47 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:37 pm

Wesley Walker wrote:
killiansjmd wrote:

The Jets will shut him down. Expect a big game from the Jets D.

Yea..... :-?
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bellings » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:22 am

Is fragile Freddy worth a pickup in a standard 10-team league if he's on the WW?

EDIT: I'm not trying to attract the webhamster. In general, should he be on someone's roster in a standard league.
bellings
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bobbing_headz » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:35 am

Yes Fred Taylor should be on someones roster. People seem to forget he was on pace for over 1000 yards last year if he had played the 5 games he missed (he had 750). He is still good and as long as he's still out there he's worth a play.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk