Carrying 2 Good Kickers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Carrying 2 Good Kickers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Carrying 2 Good Kickers

Postby tallbuildings » Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:09 am

I have two very good kickers -- Janikowski and Hollis in a league that is 15 teams deep with 19 players per team. I really like the flexibility of having two kickers who I can turn to on a given week and get points. But the offers coming in for Janikowski are pretty compelling and I'm thinking about dealing him.

My only concern is that the cold weather will slow the bills offense when it is fantasy playoffs time and I'll be stuck with a mediocre hollis. am i being silly? How do kickers generally do in the cold and the snow? How important is it to have 2 kickers who can put up points? Am I better off keeping Janikowski and dealing Hollis?
tallbuildings
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby cwebb » Sun Oct 20, 2002 3:17 pm

As your league is very deep, having a great backup at K is nice but if you can get value elsewhere, I'd still go for it. In a full keeper league I carried Longwell and Vanderjagt for 3 seasons, now I could trade Vanderjagt and Chamberlain for John Hall (will drop him) and Travis Taylor, who is at least a promising receiver.

I just got bored by abusing a second roster spot for a kicker (albeit a great one) when backups come easy for bye weeks and I needed room for young promising guys all those seasons!
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk