Palmer's Post-Game Comment - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to New England Patriots

Palmer's Post-Game Comment

Moderator: Football Moderators

Palmer's Post-Game Comment

Postby madaslives911 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:11 am

while looking for pics for the sig am doing, i read an article on an interview about the post-game analysis between Pats and Bengals.

Palmer said...
"I don't know if we were too cocky or too confident, but I know this is a team that we should've beat. Hopefully, well get another shot at them. I know if we play our best football, we can beat them,"

well, i think i heard that line before. Sore losers? :-D
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Palmer's Post-Game Comment

Postby Red Sox Nation » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:55 pm

madaslives911 wrote:while looking for pics for the sig am doing, i read an article on an interview about the post-game analysis between Pats and Bengals.

Palmer said...
"I don't know if we were too cocky or too confident, but I know this is a team that we should've beat. Hopefully, well get another shot at them. I know if we play our best football, we can beat them,"

well, i think i heard that line before. Sore losers? :-D

I kinda wanted to hear what Chad Johnson had to say about the loss. We covered him well that game.
New England Patriots :: 12-4
New Orleans Saints :: 10-6

[url=http://omgitspeter.googlepages.com/home]My Graphics[/url]

Red Sox Nation Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby APAP » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:08 pm

OK......they got trashed. That is a bad statement to make after getting smashed like that.
APAP
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:37 pm

It really doesn't matter what he says. New England kicked cincy's ass, and thats simply all there is to it. Nothing he says carries any validity since they can't back it up.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Re: Palmer's Post-Game Comment

Postby madaslives911 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:26 pm

Red Sox Nation wrote:
I kinda wanted to hear what Chad Johnson had to say about the loss. We covered him well that game.

Well, before their Sunday's game, in a conference call with the media on Wednesday, Chad Johnson challenged Head Coach Bill Belichick to try stopping him with single coverage! what a statement, rofl! Johnson also said he plans to knock Harrison's helmet off.

Anyway, they lost. Period. And with that, here are some of the comments made by the Bengals :

CJ: "Everyone needs to look in the mirror," "Maybe we're not as good as we think we are. Something's got to change. Now what are we going to do to change it?" (No chicken dance this time :-D )

Marvin Lewis: "We've been flying along pretty good," "We got hit in the face. And they kept coming. "
"No excuses about it. We got beat, but we've got a lot of football left to play."

T.J. Houshmandzadeh: "They knew they couldn't stop us, but you need the team as a whole to succeed," "There aren't any (defensive backs) on that team that can cover us. That's why they played the coverages they did. They did a good job of mixing it up."

Maybe Palmer might just need to look at the final score (38-13) ;-) again to believe they were beaten solidly. He was overly confident that they would win. The Pats' running attacks and their great solid defense killed the Bengals. It was a blowout loss for the Bengals and a great team victory for the Pats! :-°

Go Pats!!! :-D
Visit My Sigs Gallery

madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby APAP » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:04 pm

A lot of the blame has to fall on Cincy's O-Line as well, they were manhandled, and they had no answers for Maroney. Even the Kaevisharn hit on Caldwell did nothing to excite that D.
APAP
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby madaslives911 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:53 pm

APAP wrote:A lot of the blame has to fall on Cincy's O-Line as well, they were manhandled, and they had no answers for Maroney. Even the Kaevisharn hit on Caldwell did nothing to excite that D.

yep, they could not stop a Rookie! Luv seeing those missed tackles! Indeed, Maroney got some SPEED! :-D
And if Maroney keeps on running and rolling like that, he might just grab the Best Rookie Award. ;-7
Visit My Sigs Gallery

madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:23 am

madaslives911 wrote:
APAP wrote:A lot of the blame has to fall on Cincy's O-Line as well, they were manhandled, and they had no answers for Maroney. Even the Kaevisharn hit on Caldwell did nothing to excite that D.

yep, they could not stop a Rookie! Luv seeing those missed tackles! Indeed, Maroney got some SPEED! :-D
And if Maroney keeps on running and rolling like that, he might just grab the Best Rookie Award. ;-7

Maroney is amazing, as of now, Best Rookie Award should go to either him or Reggie Bush, and I personally think Maroney should win it over Bush.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby petedog9 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:40 pm

The said the exact same thing after losing toe the Falcons last week. No class at all. No shame in losing as long as you lose gracefully and give credit to your opponnent for doing what it took to win....
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby madaslives911 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:57 am

well, i wonder what their alibis would be and what they gonna say in their post-game conference if ever the Ravens beat them. ;-7
Visit My Sigs Gallery

madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to New England Patriots