Why does Jamal Lewis suck so badlty thsi year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Why does Jamal Lewis suck so badlty thsi year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BMadd » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:55 pm

beanoX3 wrote:Maybe he went through more than what was reported while he was in jail.

Bet he holds on to the football like it's a bar of soap! Seriously, whoever is working the audio at all home games should be playing the sound of a zipper dropping every time he gets the ball. He'll pick up the pace ;-D
BMADD
BMadd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:21 pm

some real comedians in this thread....

you guys do realize he only carried the ball 15 times against the best run defense in the league this week, right?
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:51 am

deluxe_247 wrote:some real comedians in this thread....

you guys do realize he only carried the ball 15 times against the best run defense in the league this week, right?

Yea, seriously. It seems as though most people completely ignore the matchup the player had and just look at the stat lines. Stats aren't the tell all of how a player is doing, Jamal will be fine, you would be a fool to drop him in any league....
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TheMule » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:52 am

After four starts, Jamal is #7 in the AFC in rushing yards. 73 attempts, very close to Willie Parker, and 1 carry less than LJ with 30 yards less. Jamal's day will come. Sooner than later, I hope. The guy just needs more carries to get his moter running. Factor in his week v SD and you can start to see that after only four weeks, you can't declare him a bust just yet. The guy needs the touches to get going, always has.

1 Willis McGahee BUF 389 99 3.9 1 32
2 Rudi Johnson CIN 353 87 4.1 4 22
3 LaDainian Tomlinson SD 300 77 3.9 3 58
4 Tatum Bell DEN 295 58 5.1 0 39
5 Larry Johnson KC 295 74 4.0 2 28
6 Laurence Maroney NE 294 60 4.9 3 41
7 Jamal Lewis BAL 268 73 3.7 1 27
8 Willie Parker PIT 268 71 3.8 2 32
Deluxe Sig By Deluxe_247
TheMule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:28 am

mattb47 wrote:

Yea, seriously. It seems as though most people completely ignore the matchup the player had and just look at the stat lines. Stats aren't the tell all of how a player is doing, Jamal will be fine, you would be a fool to drop him in any league....

;-D

This falls in with the topic of not talking about REAL football much on the cafe. I don't think they even look at the stat lines. I think they just look at the fantasy points and if they lost they need someone to blame. They wouldn't dare blame themselves for drafting him or starting him or any of the other guys they started.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Deathlok2001 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:53 am

Laurence Maroney is this years Larry Johnson!
Deathlok2001
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:04 pm

Deathlok2001 wrote:Laurence Maroney is this years Larry Johnson!

If Dillon goes out for the season (like Priest) and then Maroney runs for 1700 & 20+ TD's in the 2nd half...then you're right.

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:28 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
mattb47 wrote:

;-D

This falls in with the topic of not talking about REAL football much on the cafe. I don't think they even look at the stat lines. I think they just look at the fantasy points and if they lost they need someone to blame. They wouldn't dare blame themselves for drafting him or starting him or any of the other guys they started.

Yea, he carried 15 times against SD, but that doesn't defend him much. The OP asked why Jamal has sucked so much this year. And after seeing how he did in the 3 games previous to SD, it's pretty safe to say that Jamal Lewis has sucked.

If a little joke thrown in gets your undies in a bunch.... well that's another issue.

And criticising people for caring about a player's stats on a fantasy football forum is a bit odd to say the least. I mean, stats are what drives fantasy football.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:17 pm

beanoX3 wrote:Yea, he carried 15 times against SD, but that doesn't defend him much. The OP asked why Jamal has sucked so much this year. And after seeing how he did in the 3 games previous to SD, it's pretty safe to say that Jamal Lewis has sucked.

If a little joke thrown in gets your undies in a bunch.... well that's another issue.

And criticising people for caring about a player's stats on a fantasy football forum is a bit odd to say the least. I mean, stats are what drives fantasy football.

psshhh.....you think i let a played out joke about jamal in jail 2 years ago affects me?? believe me, ive heard it about 2000 times and people still seem to think they are being original and clever with it....

carrying it 15 times against the best run defense in the league doesnt defend him huh? how do you explain that? they are the best because they shut people down, and less carries generally means less yardage/TDs....hmmmm....

so..looking at RB stats that the mule provided....id say he isnt doing as badly as people are making him out to be. his average draft position on yahoo was 8.04...so i dont see how you can really complain about his production relative to the round he was drafted in...unless you jumped the gun and drafted him early. in that case...your bad.

inspiring....i think ill break out an old j-lew sig ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:28 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
beanoX3 wrote:Yea, he carried 15 times against SD, but that doesn't defend him much. The OP asked why Jamal has sucked so much this year. And after seeing how he did in the 3 games previous to SD, it's pretty safe to say that Jamal Lewis has sucked.

psshhh.....you think i let a played out joke about jamal in jail 2 years ago affects me?? believe me, ive heard it about 2000 times and people still seem to think they are being original and clever with it....

carrying it 15 times against the best run defense in the league doesnt defend him huh? how do you explain that? they are the best because they shut people down, and less carries generally means less yardage/TDs....hmmmm....

so..looking at RB stats that the mule provided....id say he isnt doing as badly as people are making him out to be. his average draft position on yahoo was 8.04...so i dont see how you can really complain about his production relative to the round he was drafted in...unless you jumped the gun and drafted him early. in that case...your bad.

inspiring....i think ill break out an old j-lew sig ;-D

:-b ;-D

VERY nice sig btw!

flotsamnjetsam

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting