Why does Jamal Lewis suck so badlty thsi year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Why does Jamal Lewis suck so badlty thsi year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MatthewGeological » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:35 pm

As a loyal Jamal owner, I too agree that he needs touches. He will bounce back.........you'll see.
MatthewGeological
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby beanoX3 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:48 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
psshhh.....you think i let a played out joke about jamal in jail 2 years ago affects me?? believe me, ive heard it about 2000 times and people still seem to think they are being original and clever with it....

carrying it 15 times against the best run defense in the league doesnt defend him huh? how do you explain that? they are the best because they shut people down, and less carries generally means less yardage/TDs....hmmmm....

so..looking at RB stats that the mule provided....id say he isnt doing as badly as people are making him out to be. his average draft position on yahoo was 8.04...so i dont see how you can really complain about his production relative to the round he was drafted in...unless you jumped the gun and drafted him early. in that case...your bad.

inspiring....i think ill break out an old j-lew sig ;-D

His performance against the best run defense in the NFL doesn't defend him much because he's been average/bad in other games where he should have done better. Mainly against Cleveland and Oakland. I'm not focusing on that one San Diego game and saying Jamal has sucked this year. I'm looking at his body of work so far this season and saying he's sucked.

So, yea... I say he sucks. And it's not like this sentiment is limited to a few frustrated fantasy owners or anything.

Sure, if people looked at Jamal as a brand new RB that came into the league last year and then looked at his stats so far, he would be viewed as an average back and not expect much. BUT, he used to be a 2000+ yard RB who would run over run defenses. So expectations were fairly high upon his return. But not only did he NOT live up to them, he was fairly disappointing as a RB.

And that sig just highlights his fall into mediocrity. Because it sure as hell doesn't describe him anymore. Domination?
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:43 pm

beanoX3 wrote:I haven't watched any Ravens games yet this season, so I haven't seen how he's been running this year .

mediocrity is a better description of your post than about jamal. you touched on nothing i stated except the SD game. you yourself said you havent even watched him play this year, so what exactly do you base your theory that he sucks so much on? his fantasy production? because his carries are no where near the amount that he used to take...look it up.

do you know how many people the defenses stack in the box against him in the games? do you know situations he is running in? do you know anything outside of his stat line? you may say his stats suck, but to say he sucks is another issue when you havent even watched him play. thats just ignorant.

and i would say an average draft position of 8.04...people didnt come into this season expecting 2000 yards again or he would have been a top 3 choice. not to mention that was 2 years ago... think about it.

and i assume you do understand that he has had a hip-flexor injury since preseason also, correct?

i will admit that he is performing less than i had hoped, but he has done his job...and i dont consider him to suck. he opens up the passing game for mcnair even if he isnt touching the ball....defenses have to respect him.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheDiplomats » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:03 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
beanoX3 wrote:I haven't watched any Ravens games yet this season, so I haven't seen how he's been running this year .

mediocrity is a better description of your post than about jamal. you touched on nothing i stated except the SD game. you yourself said you havent even watched him play this year, so what exactly do you base your theory that he sucks so much on? his fantasy production? because his carries are no where near the amount that he used to take...look it up.

do you know how many people the defenses stack in the box against him in the games? do you know situations he is running in? do you know anything outside of his stat line? you may say his stats suck, but to say he sucks is another issue when you havent even watched him play. thats just ignorant.

and i would say an average draft position of 8.04...people didnt come into this season expecting 2000 yards again or he would have been a top 3 choice. not to mention that was 2 years ago... think about it.

and i assume you do understand that he has had a hip-flexor injury since preseason also, correct?

i will admit that he is performing less than i had hoped, but he has done his job...and i dont consider him to suck. he opens up the passing game for mcnair even if he isnt touching the ball....defenses have to respect him.

The hip-flexor injury he has is now gone so he's completely healthy. He will probably bounce back later on in the season.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:07 pm

TheDiplomats wrote:The hip-flexor injury he has is now gone so he's completely healthy. He will probably bounce back later on in the season.

i understand that...my point was that injury was there when he played the games previous to SD....the ones he "sucked" in.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BigDballer » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:54 pm

I haven't watched much Ravens football but from the few clips I have seen, he does look to have lost a step. Maybe he has lag from last year's fall out. He does suck when you compare his old stats to now stats but with O-lineman out, I dont think Lewis will get much better this half of the season. And when you need a now running back, you are SOL, unless you have great depth.
( __ /)
(=*.*=)
( ")_(" )
BigDballer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby venus » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:37 pm

If you think he is bad this year, you didn't suffer through last year with him :~(

10 team league
4-0
QB's McNabb, Bledsoe
RB's SA, Tiki, Brian Westbrook, Reuben Droughns, Brandon Jacobs,
WR's Chris Chambers, Javon Walker,Housh, Troy Williamson, Keyshawn
TE's Crumpler, Eric Johnson
K's Carney
D NO
venus
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ROYALWITCHEESE » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:08 am

It's only a matter of time before he begins to split with Musa.

I'm on the record now of saying Musa is the starting tailback for the Ravens next year...
ROYALWITCHEESE
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mysteryhunter » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:20 pm

i packed him with reggie williams to snag edge ;)
Mysteryhunter
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting