F you Brian Westbrook - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

F you Brian Westbrook

Moderator: Football Moderators

F you Brian Westbrook

Postby daverigs » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:47 am

Thanks for the no-warning deactivation and for screwing my team royally this week.
daverigs
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:54 am

I think you should rename this thread "F you, Andy Reid."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's Westbrook responsibility to report to the league he's sitting out. Westy is a gamer, and probably wanted to play but my money is on it being Reid's decision to scratch Westy. I'm guessing his reasoning was to give Brian some time to rest while the other guys beat up on the lowly fudge Packers.

I have Westbrook in one PPR keeper league. I've owned him for three years now and have gotten used to the fact that he is a big time injury risk. It didn't burn me this week, as I already had the win wrapped up going into Monday night's game. However, that risk involved, IMO, is worth it considering how money he is when he plays.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:09 pm

Jimboozie wrote:I think you should rename this thread "F you, Andy Reid."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's Westbrook responsibility to report to the league he's sitting out. Westy is a gamer, and probably wanted to play but my money is on it being Reid's decision to scratch Westy. I'm guessing his reasoning was to give Brian some time to rest while the other guys beat up on the lowly fudge Packers.

I have Westbrook in one PPR keeper league. I've owned him for three years now and have gotten used to the fact that he is a big time injury risk. It didn't burn me this week, as I already had the win wrapped up going into Monday night's game. However, that risk involved, IMO, is worth it considering how money he is when he plays.

F u boozie ;-)
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:34 pm

Yup i agree that it was that fat SOB Andy Reid who decided on that crap. I mean what a way to make a million people mad. Well all i can take from this is maybe he will be 100 percent now for the rest of the year. I just dont understand practicing on Friday, NOTHING SAID. Saturday, NOTHING said. Sunday- NOTHING SAID, twenty minutes to kickoff, westbrook scratch. Thats crap, serioulsy. Dont they have to submit who is hurt by a certain deadline??? I needed 8 points from that guy. 8, thats one freaking play from him. what a load. Not only did it cost me the loss that was a garauntee win if he played but 250$ sidebet. CRAP I SAY CRAP CRAP CRAP. :-t :-t
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby moonhead » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:11 pm

andy reid just hates fantasy football managers. either that or in his league he was facing westbrook. }:-)

give me a break. he was doing what was right for his football team and his player. no sense in using westy when he's not needed. the eagles manhandled the pack without him. they need westy down the line. it's a pretty bad idea to run one of your most important players out there with a chance of really messing him up when it's not necessary.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby maddog60 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:26 pm

Any time a guy is listed as questionable or doubtful a dutiful fantasy owner knows full well they had better check if the guy is a game-day scratch.

As it turned out, this was particularly dicey, considering this Monday night game left little chance of having a replacement to even use, but thems the breaks.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby sportsaddict » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:23 pm

Stupid Andy Reid. He's so selfish, trying to run an NFL team, when he is relaly just ruining the games of so many fantasy managers
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Boone » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:20 pm

Last week Westbrook scores 3 TDs while Ive got em on the bench...this week I start him and the $^$&**&## doesnt play!
Fly Eagles Fly!
Boone
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BMadd » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:57 pm

He almost screwed me too. I have Alexander (foot), Westy (puss), and T Bell (bye) as my top 3 and still managed to win. Thanks god the guy I played laid down for me. No accounting for luck!
BMADD
BMadd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:21 am

Sorry but I hate threads like this. Basically you're saying that Andy Reid should've played Westy in order to help your fantasy team and at the same time risking further injury that would hurt the Philadelphia Eagles season. That's just idiotic.

Westy is an injury risk every year and had swelling in his knee during warmups before the game. Andy Reid did the smart thing. He sat him out so he could rest his knee and it worked out great for the Eagles since they won easily without him. When are you going to realize that coaches care about their own teams and could care less about fantasy football.

:-t

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting