Oregon at Cal - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Oregon at Cal

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Sandrock » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:18 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:I feel Oregon will win outright. They have a solid D for a Pac 10 team and have the O to go with it.

Cal will make it a game but I feel it will be like 35-24 Oregon.

Taking Oregon this week is a good bet. Cal -4.

The D lost Cole Linehan for the season, which is a pretty big loss for this team. Even though you didn't hear much about him, he was a big play Tackle.

On the flip side, I heard that Jeremy Gibbs is likely to start and that's huge. He's been out due to an ankle I believe, and his coming back will offset Linehans leaving.

The one place the Ducks might struggle is at WR. The CAL secondary is pretty fast and since the Ducks really don't have a second WR behind Williams they might be in trouble. Never know though. Someone will have to step up!
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:28 pm

Sandrock wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:I feel Oregon will win outright. They have a solid D for a Pac 10 team and have the O to go with it.

Cal will make it a game but I feel it will be like 35-24 Oregon.

Taking Oregon this week is a good bet. Cal -4.

The D lost Cole Linehan for the season, which is a pretty big loss for this team. Even though you didn't hear much about him, he was a big play Tackle.

On the flip side, I heard that Jeremy Gibbs is likely to start and that's huge. He's been out due to an ankle I believe, and his coming back will offset Linehans leaving.

The one place the Ducks might struggle is at WR. The CAL secondary is pretty fast and since the Ducks really don't have a second WR behind Williams they might be in trouble. Never know though. Someone will have to step up!

While the Ducks dont have a clear #2 reciever they do have a decent trio of WRs any one of which is capable of stepping up the the task. Garren Strong, a juinor is averaging 11.3 yards per catch granted hes only caught 9 balls. :-b Cameron Colvin also a juinor had 22 receptions last year for 332 yards and three TDs averaging just over 15 yards per catch, though he hasnt done much this year he is probably the closest thing to a #2 reciever for Oregon. The player I'm really hoping will step up though is Jordan Kent another junior and the tallest of all the recievers at 6'10", other than Williams he is the probably Ducks biggest deep play threat. He is a stand out on the track team and plays basketball at Oregon and has amazing speed. This is only Kents second season playing competitive football at any level but he seems to be doing well learning as he goes.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby CC » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:00 pm

Cameron Colvin, stud 5 star recruit out of De La Salle, picks Oregon over Michigan on National Signing Day. The very next day, as a result of the decision, Ohio WR Mario Mannigham signs with the Wolverines.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:07 pm

Another tought one. I'm gonna go with Cal at home.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:11 pm

This is a night game right? Hate to say it Husker fans but if ABC gives us Nebraska/Tulsa or whoever they're playing over this game I'm not going to be a happy camper.

I think Cal takes this one at home under the lights, they seem to be a different team at home.

Even great college football game aside, this game also has a ton of relevance to FF with two sure-fire future high 1st round rookie picks (in FF rookie drafts) facing off.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby knapplc » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:49 pm

Free Bagel wrote:This is a night game right? Hate to say it Husker fans but if ABC gives us Nebraska/Tulsa or whoever they're playing over this game I'm not going to be a happy camper.

I think Cal takes this one at home under the lights, they seem to be a different team at home.

Even great college football game aside, this game also has a ton of relevance to FF with two sure-fire future high 1st round rookie picks (in FF rookie drafts) facing off.

Nebraska / Iowa State

It'll be good for you, Bagel! You'll finally get to watch some QUALITY football! :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:28 pm

I'm listening to ESPN radio a couple hours ago and they were talking about this matchup and Corso comes on and says, "...and watch out for Dwayne Dixon for Oregon he can run the option better than anybody." Anybody know who this Dwayne guy is? Maybe it Dennis Dixons twin brother. :-?

After the Ducks beat Cal I bet Corso will know his name. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Sandrock » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:41 am

Corso he was probably talking about Leaf.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:31 pm

21-3 already?????

Crap, we're getting smoked.
CATCH THE FRIGGIN' BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby knapplc » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:38 pm

28-3. 8-o

How good is Cal? I'm not getting this game - the Huskers are on against ISU.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to College Football