Oregon at Cal - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Oregon at Cal

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:13 pm

am i the only one that finds those cal uniforms incredibly ugly? :-P
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:05 pm

knapplc wrote:28-3. 8-o

How good is Cal? I'm not getting this game - the Huskers are on against ISU.

38-17 now. Cal has played solid. Oregon is out gaining them but also has 4 or 5 turnovers which have given Cal a short field. Cal is the better team today but it might be the opposite in Oregon. The turnovers have simply killed Oregon's chances.

This quote from Sandrock pretty much sums it up "The one place the Ducks might struggle is at WR. The CAL secondary is pretty fast and since the Ducks really don't have a second WR behind Williams they might be in trouble."
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:06 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:am i the only one that finds those cal uniforms incredibly ugly? :-P

I said the same thing.

Ducks may be getting smoked !+) but our uni's look good! ;-D
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:08 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:am i the only one that finds those cal uniforms incredibly ugly? :-P

I said the same thing.

those ones with the tread or whatever on the shoulders dont look too good though
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Sandrock » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:32 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:

I said the same thing.

those ones with the tread or whatever on the shoulders dont look too good though

Tough game for Oregon. I said the Ducks would struggle at the WR position and they did in fact struggle badly.

Oh and the Oregon uniforms are horrid. The numbers just look stupid. But they don't look as bad as the CAL uniforms. Man, those things are ugly.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby 1crzydmnd » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:34 pm

Sandrock wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:

I said the same thing.

Tough game for Oregon. I said the Ducks would struggle at the WR position and they did in fact struggle badly.

Oh and the Oregon uniforms are horrid. The numbers just look stupid. But they don't look as bad as the CAL uniforms. Man, those things are ugly.

I'd rather win the game and have ugly uniforms than look good and lose.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Confucius' redneck brother
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:57 pm

So watching this game I learned a few things. First off, these teams need to really re-think the strategy of putting all their athletes at WR. I mean these WRs are just running straight streaks without even so much as a stutter and just running right past the DBs.

Also, Cal seems to be the best team in the Pac-10 right now from what I've seen (though I haven't seen as much of USC), but they need to get the defense sorted out a bit. That one play where Oregon ran a fly down the sideline and the guy was just totally uncovered was like nothing I've ever seen before. It's like they thought the guy lost both his arms in an accident or something and was incapable of catching the ball....they looked right at him, and just totally left him.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:07 pm

Free Bagel wrote:So watching this game I learned a few things. First off, these teams need to really re-think the strategy of putting all their athletes at WR. I mean these WRs are just running straight streaks without even so much as a stutter and just running right past the DBs.

Also, Cal seems to be the best team in the Pac-10 right now from what I've seen (though I haven't seen as much of USC), but they need to get the defense sorted out a bit. That one play where Oregon ran a fly down the sideline and the guy was just totally uncovered was like nothing I've ever seen before. It's like they thought the guy lost both his arms in an accident or something and was incapable of catching the ball....they looked right at him, and just totally left him.

I still feel USC is the best team in the Pac 10 and Oregon and Cal pretty close at #2. Cal just had the advantage of playing at home.

And did you by any chance see the score when the play you are talking about happened? Cal was up by like 4 TD's and it was in the 4th quarter. The game didn't matter at that point. Of coarse the BCS calculates how bad you beat a team but I highly doubt Cal was thinking about that at that particular time.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:13 pm

Yeah I'm aware of the situation, but that doesn't mean you literally ignore a guy streaking down the sidelines. There was quite a bit of time left and I'm sure Cal knows at this point not to write off Oregon late in the game. Even if it was 8th string players with 12th string coaches that was a crazy odd play before, never seen anyone do that to that extent on D before.

Does Cal get USC at home this year? They seem pretty tough at home. I dunno, I just think back to all the Pac-10 people I know telling everyone how crazy they were for thinking Cal was the 2nd best team in the Pac-10 while watching them throttle the teams that were supposed to be better. USC has been very unimpressive the last few weeks, does Dwayne Jarrett really make THAT big of a difference?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:22 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Yeah I'm aware of the situation, but that doesn't mean you literally ignore a guy streaking down the sidelines. There was quite a bit of time left and I'm sure Cal knows at this point not to write off Oregon late in the game. Even if it was 8th string players with 12th string coaches that was a crazy odd play before, never seen anyone do that to that extent on D before.

Does Cal get USC at home this year? They seem pretty tough at home. I dunno, I just think back to all the Pac-10 people I know telling everyone how crazy they were for thinking Cal was the 2nd best team in the Pac-10 while watching them throttle the teams that were supposed to be better. USC has been very unimpressive the last few weeks, does Dwayne Jarrett really make THAT big of a difference?

It was just a completly blown coverage thats it.

Cal has to play at USC. But so did Wash today. USC better get it together or they will get beat sometime this year. I do feel Jarrett is a difference maker that will make them much better and harder to cover.

Cal showed tonight that they are a force to be reckoned with but I feel Oregon just had a really bad game with way to many turnovers giving Cal great field position. At the half their average field position was from Oregon's 40. You can't win games giving a team that much.
Cowboys 4 life

PreviousNext

Return to College Football